5. Meeting Family

Enjoy! :)

--------

"Hi, Reese. Meet my little brother. I hope you don't mind." Darren says after Reese opens the door.

"No, it's all right." Reese says. "What's your name?" He asks the boy.

"Cody."

"Nice to meet you Cody. I'm Reese. How old are you?"

"Eight."

"We're still going horseback riding." Darren says, "He wanted to come along when he heard I was going horseback riding." He whispers.

"Okay." Turning to Cody, Reese asks. "Cody, so you like horseback riding?"

"Yes! It's one of my favorite things! I love going to Uncle Ray's ranch."

Reese smiles at Cody, his enthusiasm is contagious.

"Are you ready?" Darren asks.

"Yes, I am."

"We're taking my car." Darren says.

Reese nods.

"Can we go for frozen yogurt?" Cody asks.

"After horseback riding." Darren responds.

Reese turns to look at Cody on the backseat, who has folded his arms over his chest. "Okay."

"I thought you liked horseback riding more that frozen yogurt." Reese comments.

"I like both things."

Reese smiles, "So do you go horseback riding a lot, Cody?"

"Yes, Darren takes us there a lot, especially during the summer."

"That's because I have to babysit you and Alicia."

"You like horseback riding too." Cody accuses.

"I do, Cody."

Darren says laughing. "By the way, did you eat breakfast?" He asks Reese.

"No."

"Then, we'll have to make a stop for you to eat some breakfast. We're about an hour away from his ranch."

"Okay."

"Reese, what's your favorite color?"

"Sky blue, what's your favorite, Cody?"

"Blue, Darren's favorite color is green."

"Yes, he did tell me that."

"Do you have a job?"

"Yes, I do. I'm a baker."

"You make desserts?"

"Yes."

"Do you know how to make Devil chocolate cake? Can you make it for my brother? He loves it."

"Cody, slow down with the questions."

"Don't worry about it." Reese says. "Yes, I do know how to make it, Cody and I've made it. He ate some."

"You didn't bring me some, Darren." Cody says.

"That's because it was really good." Darren replies. "And he brought only two slices of it."

"You ate it all? Momma says to only eat one slice."

"That's for you. You already have a lot of energy and when you have sugar, it's terrible."

"No, it's not." Cody responds sticking out his tongue at Darren.