fatal attraction, 2pac.

Harlem, New York · 1996

March 19.

"YEAH GIRL! it's on the twenty-first. You know should bring Tamara." Armania's work friend, Layzia, told her over the phone about her son's party.

Layzia's son was bad as hell— and she knew that. From the foul language down to the fighting. . .Armania didn't want her four year old around that since she was becoming easily influenced by things nowadays. Certain songs couldn't even be played around her.

"We'll see cause she was supposed to stay with my mama this weekend. If something comes up with her then we'll stop by okay?" Armania lied smoothly through her gapped teeth.

"Aight girl. Well I gotta get back to this shitty ass job in five minutes, I'm finna spark up real quick. I'll holla at you later okay?" Lay informed as Armania replied with, "Later girl."

And was about to hang up until Lay spoke again.

"Oh shit girl I forgot to tell you!" Lay spoke,

"You know your ex Tupac got out of jail right?" Lay dropped the bomb off on Armania as her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. Part of her was confused on how the hell Lay knew that and she stayed on the other side of town.

Armania choked up. "When?"

"Probably like a few hours ago. Streets was talking like a muhfucka about his ass. Saying he done got buff as shit and he back up on his bullshit." Lay told her. "Whatever that means."

Armania knew exactly what the hell that meant. Tupac was back out and back to his regular. . .crazed ass antics. Lay only knew the surface shit due to their talks at work; Tupac and her broke up, they have a child together, and he went to prison for drugs. That was it right?

Nah, that wasn't it. At all. Armania couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that her ex was out of prison. . .

Or more-so like she didn't want to wrap her head around it.

"Nia? You still there?" Lay broke Armania from her scary thoughts about the man that used to be hers.

"I'm here. . I was. . Thinking about some shit that's all." She nervously laughed, "Hey, I'm gonna call you later okay?"

"Okay girl let me know the deets when ya man touch down." Lay snickered before she hung up.

Armania gulped at that sentence. Whenever he touched down, it'd be a problem. Shit, it could be a life or death problem.