Act 2 | Chapter 4: Who is She?

|| November 27th, 1986 07:00 ||

I wake up with a feeling of dread deep in my stomach, and only a moment later I remember that I was in 1986. Stuck, till my uncle either finds a way. If he doesn't, well I'm doomed and my life is over. And it isn't just mine, since Willem will also be imprisoned for the foreseeable future if he can't get out! Though my thoughts were quickly broken by my uncle woke me up by saying "It's your first day of school"

Since I completely forgot that he had retrieved the "real" documents late last night and sent a call to the school, and in less than 20 minutes I already had all my classes. I quickly reply to him "I'm up!" and slide out of the comfy and warm bed. After a moment, I make my way out of bed and enter the kitchen where he had made some bacon on a plate, and some papers scattered about. 

Willem looked up only a moment after I entered the room and told me "I made some bacon for you, it's on the table." Then he looked down and continued reading the paper he had. 

I look down and ask "What's that?" pointing towards the papers spewed everywhere.

"Well, I ran a... few  tests on the time machine!" He said with a smile quickly forming on his face.

"Did you find anything?" I ask curiously, with a smile also forming.

"Well, there is still a lot of data to comb over and at the moment... I'm afraid not" my face begins to drop, so he interjects "like I said there is still a lot of data to look over! So why don't you get ready for school!" He says with an even more joyful tone.

I chuckle and say "You're the boss!" as I sit down and begin to eat the pancakes and think. Since, strangely, the machine went back to 2023 perfectly fine without anyone in it. Perhaps Willem was right about the previous time being off. It still doesn't explain WHY the time machine brought me to this date! Since it could have been any date if it was off. I grab a piece of bacon and think, what about weight? Since the more energy inside the vehicle the more it needs to travel? So it may just be that... we overwhelm the limits? I grab another piece, or maybe it's that there is an inherent flaw with the time circuit controls. Though that still wouldn't explain the fact that it COULD return since the issue might have not allowed having travelled at all. I grab the final piece of bacon and think of one more idea. What if this is all a dream? Since there have been cases of people living decades in a single night! And with the trauma, I've... suffered it would make perfect sense for my mind to create such a circumstance! I try and grab another piece of bacon, then realize that I'm out! So I grab the plate and the fork and wash them in the sink. 

Then I walk back into my bedroom and grab some clothes. I think to myself, slightly more while I begin to slide on some pants. Is there a chance that if I talk to people, I could mess up the timeline? Since if it is possible, maybe I could stop Skye's disappearance. Since she is still a person, I have the power to stop it. I grab my shirt and begin to slide it over my light brown fur. Maybe I could even do other things... Like, give the Uncle Willem of 1986 some investment advice? Though, maybe I shouldn't. Since if I use the time machine for this now, there is a chance that Willem might take it as a precedent since I've done it, why can't he? And he does have many-many regrets. So it may be best to leave the past in the past. Except for me, I've still got to get back to the present! I chuckle at the joke I made.

Then I hear Uncle Willem shout "TOM, YOU READY?"

I Yell and reply "YES UNCLE WILLEM" and I quickly slide my sweater over my shirt. I also quickly grab my backpack which Uncle Willem picked up for me at Wae-Mart. 

After a moment I hear him scream "I'M GOING TO BE IN THE CAR!"

I reply "OK!" and chase out the door to the truck. It was a 1982 Toyota pickup! In a smooth white colour, which was occasionally broken up by pieces of rust and touch-ups to the paint. After a moment of admiring the truck, I walk to the passenger door and slide in, slipping my bag into the foot well.

Time Skip || 8:00 ||
The truck grinds to a stop and Willem says to be "Hope you have a good first day!"

I reply with a smile on my face "I will! and... this place looks so much newer!"

Willem quickly replies as I grab my bag and slide out of the truck "That's because it is!"