Act 2 | Chapter 6: True Feelings

|| November 28th, 1986 07:00 ||

The sun shone into my room, covering my fluffy chest fur in a nice warm glow. It also illuminated the homework I didn't do, since I already knew the subject. I roll over to my side and look at my phone, which was effectively useless in 1986, but Willem had manually set the time to be in sync with the time in 1986. I click the power button and after a moment it read "07:00". I sigh and slowly roll out of bed. The cold floor pushed against my paws and I begin to remember the night before, and how me and Skye had relaxed under the stars for a couple of hours. I say to myself "Well, gotta get ready"

So I stand up and grab my light blue shirt and slide it on. After I had done that I quickly looked again at my phone and saw the date "November 28th, 1986" I only have around two more days till Skye disappears. I feel the massive pit in my stomach return and my breathing picks up in pace, though this time it was like two black holes were in my stomach. I quickly clutch my stomach sit back down and start to slow my breathing. I think to myself "Why is this happening"

Just as I think that I see Willem walk into my room. And once he sees me he rushes over and asks "Are you ok?"

I reply in a shakey voice "Y-ya, j-just nervous I think"

He asked "Is it about Skye?"

I reply "Y-ya how d-did you know?"

He smiles "That's how I felt when I meet my first Girlfriend"

I quickly look down and stutter out slightly scared "W-wait so does t-this mean I-I like-like Skye?"

He sits down next to me "It doesn't mean that, it just means that there is a high probability that you do"

I look down and begin to cry "I-I don't know what to do now"

He looks at me confused "What do you mean? You just follow the pre-existing plan!"

I look back at him, "W-what?"

He gently rubs my shoulder "We'll save her Tom, since that was always the plan... this just confuses things"

I slightly smirk and reply "Y-ya, it does confuse things"

He then continues "Since I think we gotta bring her back with us"

I look over at him "What? Won't that break you know... time?"

He smiles and then replies "That's why I came in the first place, I looked at the data from the time machine, and it seems that we can't change the time stream, since it always happens"

I tilt my head, causing my ears to lean "Wait, so... you always were in 1986, even before you thought of the time machine?"

"Yes!" He exclaims, "So that also means I can assume what goes down!"

"Can ya tell me?" I ask, now even more intrigued

"Ok so, I manage to fix the time machine. You manage to get Skye out of her house on the 30th, then due to some yet unknown reason, her father or someone else catches on and begins to come after us. Which requires me to be left behind, with evidence on the table of me being an accomplish!"

I look at him stunned, "Wow, you got the whole thing planned out!"

He then says "Well, we still need to find who snitches... since If I'm going to jail I'd rather know who ratted me out!"

I chuckle "Sure, let's also find out who that person is"

Willem smiled and then said, "Well you better get ready, you are running late!"

I remember that it was a school day and quickly bolt out to the kitchen and whip up some cereal and begin to quickly eat it. Then it finally set in on me. I like Skye, the first person I ever like is from 1986, that's my luck. Though it's good that if all goes to plan, I might be able to be with her in 2023. But wait, how would she react? Since 2023 is far different in every way than 1986! Maybe I could walk her through it? Or she might just need to learn it herself. Which would require me to take her to the library... oh wait. How will she even have an I.D.? Well, Willem did know someone in 1986 who could make a fake I.D. Maybe he knows one in 2023 that he could use? Well, I can worry about this later, I say to myself as I quickly finish my cereal and grab my bag, ready for another day at school!

I hear Willem then call me down saying "YOU MIGHT BE LATE, SO LETS GOOOO"

I reply "COMING" and bolt out the door and into Uncle Willems truck. Where he quickly started the engine and drove down the road toward the school.

|| Time skip, 08:00 ||

I grab my bag and open the truck's door. I turn over and say to Willem "See you later!"

He turns and says in a happy tone "Ya, bye"

I then begin to walk towards the school. When I was about to enter the school I hear a voice call out to me 

"Hey Tom!" the voice says

I turn around and see Skye walking towards me. With a smile on her face, I reply "Oh hey Skye, how are you?"

She replies "I'm doing good thanks for asking" 

I then begin to walk towards the school again and she follows me. I then ask her "Soooooo how was your night?"

"Well apart from the amazing experience with you, my dad was asleep when I got back so it was just pretty average," she said her smile slowly turning to a frown.

"Well, average is better than bad!" I say in a slightly joking tone.

She turns to me and says "I guess your right, but my "average" is already pretty low"