4

She entered the deluxe edition apartment on the 50th floor

She entered the deluxe edition apartment on the 50th floor. It wasn't easy saying no to this place because Kabir had sent one glare and that was it.

She didn't have a say.

She was sure this building belonged to someone in their family, however, she always refrained from searching for them.

The only thing she did fight for was that she will buy her furniture. She shouldn't have asked because she was the worst at building/making anything.

She bought things from Ikea which were delivered last week and everything was just sitting in their boxes. She was glad she didn't think about building couches because then she wouldn't have anywhere to sleep. Since, she couldn't for the life of it, build her bed.

Who gave her such an amazing idea? She knows her job demands her presence at least 23 hours a day. Yet, she went with the most frustrating and hard option. Maybe it was the sense of making this place home. She had read somewhere that to make a place, a home, she needs to invest in it. Not just monetary, to put her efforts into it. She either translated wrong or didn't know that this definition cannot apply to her.

Now she is living in a beautiful apartment with no furniture.

She had her dinner and the total hour spent cooking and another hour for eating. There has always been this thing about eating food for her. She spends time eating. She is a slow eater according to everyone around her.

She is pretty slow.

She did her night care routine and as she hits the bed, she was out. Thankfully, she spent at least six hours before she was awake from her nightmare. As much as she hates nightmares, she can't do anything to stop them.

They are a major part of her.

She started her day early. She had a day off so after a gym session (provided by the building) she was back in her apartment trying to build some shelves. She really wants these shelves in place to put her things. She doesn't have much. But she has Manga she likes to read.

She worked for four hours straight with no fruitful results. She was sweating and messy. She was tired to the bones.

She sighs.

After a quick shower, she decided to eat something outside. She needs to start socializing even when it damn near gives her a panic attack. Every time she tries to socialize she imagines that the next person is judging her or hates her.

After a quick pep talk, she headed towards the elevator. She was the only one on this floor which soothes her anxiety a little. She takes her phone out looking through the emails from the hospital and updates on the earthquake patient that was in the rooms.

She heard the elevator stop at a floor and she didn't hear anyone enter for a minute. She raised her head and her eyes widen looking at his eyes. His every angry eye.