Chapter XI

A/N: Good day, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported this book

A/N: Good day, everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported this book. This chapter is a flashback scene, a continuation of when Jungkook and Roseanne went to the lake for the first time and what happened after that.

"Are you kidding me? You're the girl in the rain?" Jungkook exclaims, surprised by the revelation. "No wonder your voice sounds familiar," he realizes.

Roseanne smiled and nudged him on the shoulder. "I'm so grateful you let me ride with you; it was freezing outside and I was on the verge of passing out that day."

"But why are you walking in the rain, though? You could have just taken a bus, you know?" He wonders, waiting for her response.

"I did," she laughs. "However, I misplaced my wallet, and they ended up dropping me off on the side of the road."

"How cruel!" Jungkook hissed.

Roseanne just shrugged it off.

Silence enveloped them, and Roseanne was busy looking around, appreciating the beauty of nature in front of her. They're both sitting on the wooden platform, their legs swinging in the water below. "Having a private property like this is really cool; you can just come here whenever you want to relax or if you want to be alone for a while." Roseanne ponders.

Jungkook glanced at her. "Yeah. That's why, whenever I go to see my grandparents, I always come here to relax and think."

"You're thinking? That's rare." She jokes, and Jungkook pouts, pretending to be hurt by what she said.

He pinched her cheeks. "You're mean, Roseanne."

The blonde laughs heartily. Then she seriously looked at him. "You really didn't bring anyone here before? You're lying, aren't you?"

"I'm telling the truth, beautiful." Here he goes with that nickname again. Roseanne turns away, aware that she's flustered and affected by him. 

Get a grip, Roseanne. You have a boyfriend. She reminds herself. A boyfriend you barely see and barely communicate with, she thought bitterly. Everyone thought she was lucky to have a boyfriend as handsome and wealthy as Eunwoo, but she now regrets giving him a chance. She doesn't want a good-looking, rich boyfriend. She needs someone who will value her and make her feel worthy of being loved. Is he really in love with me? She sighed. She's not sure either.

Jungkook was intrigued by what she was thinking. But before he could ask her, she glanced at him and asked another question. "Even your grandparents?" Jungkook nodded. "But why did you bring me here, though?" She's curious, fidgeting with her fingers while waiting for his answer.

Jungkook sighed, staring straight at the blonde's eyes. "To be honest, I don't know."

Roseanne simply nods in response. She noticed the way he looked at her the second time they met. He's quite popular, even at their school. Knowing his reputation, she hesitated when his parents asked if she could keep an eye on him. But right now, she's glad she agreed because she got to know Jungkook better. Now that they're spending time together and getting to know each other, she somehow understands why he's behaving the way he did.

~

"Where are your parents, Roseanne?" Jungkook inquires as they prepare to watch a movie.

Roseanne, who was busy making popcorn and preparing drinks for them, looked at him and said, "They've visited my aunt who gave birth yesterday," filling him up.

That made Jungkook's ears perk up. "So you'll be alone here later when I go home." The blonde nods. "I'll stay here with you until they return," he confirmed.

"You don't need to, Kook. I'll be fine here. I can handle myself," she said as she carried their food, and Jungkook immediately stood up and grabbed their drinks from the kitchen counter, bringing them to the center table where he had set up their movie night.

"I insist. Please let me spend the night here; let me accompany you tonight," he says, hoping she will let him. Aside from accompanying her, he also wants to spend more time with her and get to know her better. He wants to know every little thing about her.

"OK, you can stay the night," Roseanne said, defeated. She'll never win with how determined the guy in front of her is. Jungkook beams, quickly engulfing her in a surprise hug.

Jungkook realizes what he has done, so he lets her go and motions for her to sit in the empty seat next to him. "I'm so-sorry, Roseanne. I-I'm just happy." He stuttered.

Roseanne was amused to hear him stutter in front of her. Jeon Jungkook, the hottest guy at Seoul International University, the sex god, the famous philanderer, she chuckles and shakes her head. She decided to tease him more after settling right next to him. She leans her head on his shoulder, and Jungkook's body becomes stiff, unable to say a word.

He's perplexed as to why he's acting this way towards her. He never stutters around the girls he's slept with. He's always been a smooth talker, but thanks to Roseanne, he's turned into a stuttering idiot.

"What are we watching?" She inquires.

"I saw this on your soon-to-be-watched Netflix movie, Lady Chatterley's Lover."

"Oh. My best friend Hyeri told me that it's really a good movie." Jungkook nods absentmindedly. "But this is a romantic movie. Are you sure you want to watch this?" She asked, and Jungkook gave her a thumbs up.

"Why not? Let's watch it," Jungkook said, earning a nod from Roseanne.

"OK. I'm actually intrigued why Hyeri recommended this to me." Watch it with Eunwoo. She recalls Hyeri telling her to watch it with her boyfriend as she winked at her, but he's not here, so I don't mind watching it with Jungkook instead. She convinces herself that watching it with Jungkook is a better idea than watching it alone.

They were both engrossed in the film until an erotic scene flashed across the screen. They were both rendered speechless as the film progressed, their body temperatures rose, and more kissing and sex scenes appeared one after the other.

Roseanne now understands why Hyeri wants her to watch it with Eunwoo. She wants to look at Jungkook beside her, but she can't because she's afraid of what might happen if they look at each other.

“What we have together is different than anything I've ever known. There's a little flame between us. It's always burning. And I've come to believe that tending a fire like that is purpose enough for any life.” – Oliver Mellors

That line from the film piqued her interest. She had never felt that connection with her own boyfriend, and whether she admits it or not, she did with Jungkook.