2 || How about Emmy?

John

I got into my new black Mercedes-Benz and drove to the mall to mom. My mom, Clara Marshall was a strict old lady and she is demanding.  She called me to meet one girl, her friend's daughter. Ever since my first girlfriend left me I have never been interested in love or dating any girl but my mother tried everything to find a girl for me. I was never interested in any girl she chose. She wanted me to be happy again but seriously what I wanted is space and peace of mind to be happy.

When I got to the Mall before I could go out of the car I saw a man dragging a girl into a car. At first, I didn't mind them but after the man managed to get the girl in the car, he put on a black mask and I noticed that something was wrong. I decided to follow the car to find out where they were taking the girl. I didn't call the cops or my bodyguards, I just took the risk and followed them.

The car was fast, and at first, I lost them but then I managed to find them. They drove out of town and parked their car next to an old building beside the bushes. I stopped from a distance and checked whatever they were doing. After a few minutes, a lady came out of the old building and she seemed happy to see the girl that was dragged into the car.

"Maybe I misread the whole scene. Maybe they brought the girl home because she was hopeless and they helped her out, but who lives in such a building and why would they wear black masks on their faces if they were helping." Questions kept popping up in my mind but then one man turned around and he saw my car.

"Shit" I signed.

I quickly turned my car around and drove off heading into town. I don't know if the man saw me and if he did I don't know if they followed me because I was speeding and in a few minutes I was already in town. My phone rang and when I checked it, Mom was calling.

"John, where are you? You can't keep us waiting for this long." Mom said when I answered the phone.

"I'm coming now mom, it's just that I was busy with something."

"It can't be more important than what I'm calling you here for.  You better tell your driver to drive fast."

"Sure mom, but I'm alone today. I didn't come with my driver."

"Why? you know it's not safe out there John, and you are not just some ordinary person. Remember you are an important person and people are jealous of rich people like you. Now hurry up and get here soon."

Sometimes I wonder why my mom is the way she is. She would treat me like a kid, as big as I am. 27 years is not a joke. When I got into the Wenills' building. I saw mom seated at the table with two ladies. One seem to be in her 20s and the other one seemed to be my mom's age.

I got myself seated and mom introduced me to her guests.

"This is Veronica and her beautiful daughter Emmy," Mom said.

"Nice to meet you, ladies." Then we shake hands. We chatted about random things and mom kept repeating how heartbroken I was from my ex-girlfriend and how single I was and it was annoying.

Emmy kept staring at me and drolling since I was every girl's dream man. I was not wearing closed shoes and I felt Emmy's soft feet touching mine under the table. It was not cool at all and I didn't like it. Does she has to do this and for what reason? She looked into my eyes and twisted a lock on her hair smiling from ear to ear. I fake a smile and moved my feet.

Mom and Mrs Veronica were busy talking stories while Emmy was busy annoying me. I wonder if mom called me to meet this terrible girl. She was beautiful but her behaviours were something else. Mom cleared her throat when she noticed that I was getting irritated by what Emmy was doing.