Chapter 2

Where have you been?

Jade sighed as she read the message for the hundredth time. It had been a week now and she still hasn't been able to answer her pen pal on meeting up. Taking a deep breath, she put her fingers on the keyboard Busy typed out before she could even think about it, she hit enter and watched it pop up in the chat room.

Well, what are you doing right now besides talking to me?

Getting ready to leave. She typed as she rolled over her chair over to the mirror and started outlining her lips with her blood red lip pencil.

Got another class?

Nope ;) she smirked as she went back to the mirror to make sure she applied the lipstick correctly before she reinserted her lip piercings. Going to go have some fun for a bit before finals. She went back to the mirror and started applying her emo eyeshadow.

That sounds fun, where?

At a place.

You can't give me a hint?

It's in a building.

Hahahahaha touche. Well, can I have another hint? Please?

It's in the country. And here is the final one, there will be a shit ton of people there.

Where?

Nice try but not going to happen ;)

Jade closed down the chat room and grabbed her Bite Me shirt to put on. She swiped some smeared eyeliner on her jeans before grabbing her combat boots to put them on. She locked the door and started walking to her destination.

"Move Freak," some guy sneered as he purposely bumped into her making her stumble.

She caught herself and kept walking, rolling her eyes in the process. She swung her backpack to the front so she could pull her headphones out and bumped into someone. "Shit, I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," a rich soothing voice said as hands steadied her.

"Hey Freak, Halloween is over!" some guy shouted out the window as a car drove by.

"Don't listen to that asshole," the guy said scoffing. "I happen to like uniqueness. Normal is boring."

"Thanks," she smiled softly, looking into deep blue eyes before looking back down at her various patches covered backpack. "Well, sorry again but–"

"You got to go?" He asked, removing his hands from her arms. She instantly noticed the coldness that replaced the warmth, she didn't like it. She nodded, "Can I ask where you are going this late at night?"

"It's Friday night, I'm going where everyone is going," she shrugged.

"But which party?" the blonde haired guy asked as he started walking beside her. She noticed that he walked on the side closest to the road but still remained close enough that his leather jacket brushed against her arm every so often. It was confusing her.

"Just depends," she shrugged.

"Well, I don't want to pressure you, but if you find yourself out by the river, it'll make my night," he smirked. "A few of my friends and I will be out there for a bit."

She smirked, "I'll think about it."

"I'll take it," he chuckled. "Well, it was nice bumping into you..."

"You too," she smirked mischievously as she slid her headphones over her ears and started walking away. She made the peace sign without looking back as she kept walking. She thought she heard laughter through Slipknot but she wasn't for sure.

As she walked around throughout the streets, Jade's mind began to drift back to the chat with her mysterious pen pal. She was so torn on what to do. She wanted to meet them but at the same time she didn't want to become a serial killer's victim or face rejection from the one person she was comfortable talking to about some things.

Her mind continued to drift back through the memories and she remembered when she first came across the 90s kids chat room suggestion when she was just bored scrolling through one night as she battled her insomnia.

She only clicked really with one person so when they suggested having a private chat room she felt okay with it because she still wasn't going to reveal any personal information other than she was in fact a girl and that they were attending the same university. It has been a year and they were still talking so she considered them a friend, she hoped they did too.

She tripped and only then did she realize she was at the river. Hearing music over her headphones, she slid them off and put them in her bag. She cautiously walked toward the noise and spotted a very large crowd hanging out. It looked like some people were dancing while some were just standing around. Still feeling a little unsure she remained where she was and watched.