The Worst Mistake

Lila was reading in the park when Gabriel's car arrives.

"I thought you were supposed to protect Adrien from Isabella. The one you said was a bad influence." Gabriel says as Lila narrows her eyes.

...

"I see you've made your decision, Isabella." Lila leans close to her ear, whispering into it, "From now on, you and I are at war once again. This time, you will lose your friends and wind up all alone and Adrien will soon be mine." she leans back with a smirk.

Isabella smirks with a slight chuckle, "That remains to be seen, doesn't it?"

...

"My plan is taking a little longer than expected, sir. But you won't be disappointed." Lila smirks evilly.

...

Lila waits for most of the students to leave while Miss Bustier had her back turned. She swipes a paper from the teacher's desk.

...

She calls Marinette's phone before placing the paper in the bluenette's backpack when she's distracted.

...

"Will you keep your promise if I succeed?" Lila asks.

"I always honor my commitments." Gabriel told her as his car drove away.

"You work too hard, sir." Nathalie told him.

"Now's not the time to ease up, Nathalie."

...

The students walk into the classroom, heading to their seats.

"I'm good friends with the best manga publisher in Japan, you know." Lila lies to Nathaniel as they head to their seats, "I can talk to him about your comic book project if you like."

Alissa rolls her eyes, "Like she's friends with a manga publisher."

"Another lie." Marinette shakes her head.

"When will she stop?" Adrien asks the others.

Isabella leans close to them, "I have a feeling her true colors will be revealed soon."

"I've graded your mock exam papers. Most of you did quite well," Miss Bustier checks some of the grades as Lila could be seen with a smirk, "some better than others, but before I hand them back, Marinette, could you bring your schoolbag to me, please? I need to check something."

Lila's smirk widens as Marinette, with a confused expression, walks up to the teacher's desk and places her schoolbag on it.

"What's going on, Miss Bustier?" Chloé asks.

"Today, someone placed an anonymous note in my mailbox, claiming that you'd stolen the exam answers, Marinette." Miss Bustier checks the bluenette's bag and pulls out some papers and checks them, "and it looks like the anonymous person was wrong."

Lila's smirk vanishes and her eyes widen, "Huh?"

"Wait, was someone trying to frame Marinette?" Ivan asks.

Isabella, Ryder, Adrien, Nino, Alya, Chloé, Alissa, and Marinette glance over at Lila, who still looked shocked.

"Did I answer all the questions correctly?" Marinette asks.

"You did. But I'm sure you studied with Alissa like you two always do."

"Hmm..." Isabella thinks to herself, "Whoever wanted to frame Marinette would cover their tracks if they were smart enough. Miss Bustier, who has the lowest score in this class?"