A Lost Priestess

Somewhere in feudal japan, 23:12

    A sharp intake of breath was the only thing that can be heard for miles. It's seems as if though adrenaline was pumping through her lungs. Her chest rising up and down vigorously, as she seems to be huffing every single last oxygen there is she can take.

    Her ragged breath was accompanied with the silence of the forest. The dropping sounds of water coming from the leaves make it bearable enough to hear. The sudden gusts of wind make the tree branches dance and sway. The once-in-a-while rustling on the ground, assuming there were creatures around.

    After what seems like forever, her breathing normalised. Still floating on water, she gently felt this strange texture that was a bit cold, as if running her hands through the water. As she was more aware of her surroundings, her weight was slowly making her sink. She felt calm for the familiarity of not breathing as she was engulfed by the water. She closed her eyes, wanting to be in that odd coma she was in. But a few seconds later her throat was aching for air. She opened her mouth ;that released a few air bubbles to the surface. She kept swallowing and swallowing as her fear was already present. Her arms were beginning to get tired as she was trashing around underwater. She was using up all her strength that she thought she had. She was slowly fading away. Her body a few feet deep under. Her eyes trailed to the surface of the water and then to the bottom. She was confused on how it was so deep when it looked so shallow but she did not care anymore. Just before she swallowed another gulp of water, a blinding light came from underneath her. Her eyes sharply opened and dozens of soul collectors sprinted up above water. A few of them crawled it's way from her feet up to her waist, hoisting her up the water. And once again, there was a sharp intake of breath, followed by wheezing coughs.

    She blinked multiple times, trying to get a clear field of vision from this blurry silhouette. She brought her hands to her face and carefully rubbed her closed eyelids. Finally, she was able to get a clear picture of where she was exactly.

    It was a little dim for her liking. The random rays of moonlight that pierced the canopy above, provided the only source of light around. She looked at the water, cupping her hands and scooping some up only to watch them go back to the massive mass it came from. She looked at the long,white creatures that were holding half of her body above water. She looked above. Then as if it was magic, the canopy above right where she was standing parted ways and another moonbeam came through. Suddenly, there were roots forming around her. Those roots turned to leaves dramatically. Then with a blink of an eye, there were different colours of lotus flowers around her. Blues and reds. Purples and yellows. This brought sparks in her eyes. She had never seen something that beautiful. As she focused on the water plants around her. One specific flower came on top from the rest. It was a bit bigger compared to the others. It's petals had indents of tiny flowers which were glowing the bluest blue. The petals were alternating from a metallic silver to a shiny gold. She resisted the urge to touch it. But it was calling her attention. She carefully brought her fingers toward the plant. She flinched, thinking twice about what she was going to do. Making up her mind. She touched a petal.

    As if releasing a heavy burden, a strong blizzard of wind came from the flower. She shielded her arms around her face as her hair was blowing in all directions. The flowers that pooled her, scattered like scared mice. In a split second, the place brightened.

    Her eyes were merely like those of a hawk. Scanning every little detail, every little nook and cranny her eyes can reach. It's as though she can see even the tiniest speck of dirt in the air to hearing the quietest whispers of the forest.

    A few seconds later, the white creatures that came from underneath, started circling above her head. Slowly coming down to reach her face. They gave her a feeling of nostalgia. It's as if she was forgetting something important. She brought her hands up to the white creature. Touching and petting it's head.

    Until a strong breeze past through her wet figure. Her body shivered but her face remained the same. Plain, but confused. She wondered why this place seemed so familiar. After she accepted the reality that she was here. She felt her heart throbbing happily but at the same time it was aching from pain.

'Why am i here?, What happened to me?'

    Another strong breeze and this time she couldn't handle it anymore. She held her arms close through her body, trying to get warm.

'I have to get out of here..'

    She looked around and tried to look for the closest edge she could climb out of. It was no use, the closest one was almost ten feet away and she wasn't sure she had the strength and energy to swim. But she couldn't stay there for long, she was freezing. She tried to unravel herself from the white creatures around her waist. She was loose enough to move but instantly held on when she felt herself sink. The memory of her swallowing water stopped her in her tracks.

    She closed her eyes and sighed. Her brain trying to find more solutions on how to get out of this traumatising body of water. As if the white creatures read her mind, she started moving. She sharply lifted her head and saw the white creatures dragging her towards the edge of the water. Carefully, but quick.

    Before she even got a chance to touch the grass. The white creatures lifted her up and sat her to the nearest tree trunk. Then, another one wrapped itself around her shoulders. It magically morphed itself into a blanket. She clutched held the edge of held it gently, wrapping it around her more.

    She closed her eyes. With a sigh of relief, she was feeling better than before.

    She sharply opened her eyes when she heard a faint conversation. She looked around but no one was there. Until she looked up and saw another white creature. This one longer, and even more beautiful and majestic. It was holding an orb of light. Looking at it closely it had very faint images, more like memories that you can watch. She brought her hands up. Cautiously trying to get it, trying to reach it. But before she could get it, the creatures swooped down and went right through her chest, leaving the orb inside of her.

    She screamed.

    Pain was rushing through her body. Her heart was throbbing unbelievably. Her head felt like it was going to explode. She grabbed the sides of her head, clutching her hair tightly. She pulled on it, trying to distract her from the pain.

    Then she instantly stopped. She stared into nothing.

    Her eyes were looking at something else. It was looking...staring...observing... processing the flash of memories rushing through her head. Until it slowed down. To her last memory.

    It was her.

     With blood stains on her clothes.

    In the arms of the man she loves.

    Sharing their one last kiss.

    It was too much to take in. She became dizzy. Her eyelids becoming heavy. Her body was falling to the sand.

    But she uttered one last word.

    The word that circulated in her head

"Inuyasha.."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed. Vote for more!