Valentine's Day - M.M.

It was Thursday evening and I was sitting at my desk at home writing a letter.

It was no ordinary letter to a friend or some distant family member.

Tomorrow was supposed to be Valentine's Day.

Day of love.

An opportunity to express your undying love to your partner and spend some quality time together.

But it's also a bit of a sad day, or mostly annoying i shall call it if you don't have a significant other, seeing other people smooching around.

And it was also the day when I finally decided to do something about my crush on a certain redhead.

I decided to write a love letter.

Yes.. I could have come up with many different things but this was the best option for me.. mainly because it would be anonymous and I would have an opportunity to express my feelings.

If I would do it any other way then there's a chance of rejection, or she might be disgusted by the way I love her. Or it will ruin our friendship.

This is the safe way, the only right way.. I told myself.

I sat there and thought about what I was about to write.

"Hi Maxine." No, that's really bad.. Max is definitely better.

"Hey Max.." that's kind of basic..

"Dear Max?" Ugh, sounds a little formal..

There was an internal battle going on inside my head about what was I doing and if I was writing it correctly.

But then I started writing.

Dear Max

We've known each other for a while now.

In the time we've spent together you've really grown on me.

I admire you.

How your ocean blue eyes can light up just talking about the stuff you love, like how you are playing games in arcade, you're still holding the highest score.

How you learned new tricks on your skateboard and showed them off to everyone with enthusiasm or how you bought a new comic book and then protected it until you added it to your collection.

The way you laugh at the smallest things and then look into my eyes.

You always manage to make me smile at the stupidest things and that makes my heart flatter and the whole day better.

You may come of as a rude or mean person but I know you're actually a really kind one and that you care, also you're risking your life for others in the most life-threatening situations.. so chivalrous of you..

It was all those little things that make me like you every day even more.

So Mayfield, this is my love confession.

Hopefully, maybe one day you'll see me that way too.

I wrote the last word.

Then I looked at the end of the letter.

I hesitated whether to sign or not.

I let out a heavy sigh and put the pen down on the table.