Who Said I Like Roses?

Rosita sits alone on a bench inside the walls of Alexandria. It's a beautiful day so why does she feel so sad? Abraham is gone, Glenn is gone, and Denise. She watched all them die, she couldn't do anything. Denise wanted to get a damn soda for Tara, she never even got that soda. Where even is Tara? I know she was looking forward to spending today with Denise, well, she was looking forward to spending every day with her.

    Why am I thinking of Tara? Heck, people in Alexandria kept track of the days and are even celebrating Valentines day. What a load of crap. Maybe I should see how Tara is doing, it's been hard on her after Denise.

      "This seat taken?" Looks like Rosita doesn't have to find her, Tara already found Rosita. She shakes her head and Tara sits down, not saying a word to each other. Tara presents a beautiful, healthy rose to Rosita.

      "What? Just because my name sounds like the flower doesn't mean I like them."

      "I know you don't like them. I had a rose plant growing for Denise.. She said she liked them. I was gonna give her the plant today.. But uh-" She twirls the rose in her fingers, not able to get any more words out. Her head rest on Tara's shoulder and she grabs the rose.

      "Just because I don't like roses doesn't mean I don't want it." The sharp laugh that left Tara was adorable. Rosita admires the rose and Tara admires Rosita. They sit there for awhile, not saying anything.

      "Want supper? I can make something." What else was she supposed to say? Rosita is laying on her shoulder and she looks so peaceful. More peaceful than when she was with Abraham or Spencer. Rosita sits up, nodding her head and they head over to Tara's house for supper.

      "I didn't know you could cook." Tara has a short laugh and continues grabbing the stuff for supper. Rosita enters the kitchen, grabbing stuff to set the table. Tara just watching and cooking noodles.

      "What? Do I got something on my face?"

      "Huh? Oh, no. I uh, never mind." Rosita sets down the plates and walks closer to Tara, there's just inches between them. Tara pulls her hand of the spoon she was stirring the noodles with and places both hands on Rosita's cheeks, pulling her face closer, filling the inches that use to exist between them. Rosita is shocked for a few seconds and sets her hands over Tara's.

Is Tara actually kissing me or am I dreaming? WAIT- HOLLY CRAP I'M KISSING TARA! I've wanted to do this but I never pictured actually kissing her! Why can't I pull away? I don't want to pull away. I should pull away! Is it really that bad for me to love her? I always tried to space myself form her, thinking it was to dangerous to love her. I mean, I thought I was straight, right? There's just something about Tara, just something about her that makes it so I can't space myself from her.

    Tara pulls away slowly, looking at Rosita. Neither of them know what to say, they search each other's eyes for an answer that neither of them have.

      "I don't know what that was, I'm sorry." Tara's hands leave Rosita's face as she looks away.

      "No. Don't be sorry, I'm glad you did that." Tara turns sharply, looking back at Rosita, those big puppy dog eyes not knowing what to say. The noodles start to boil over the pot.

      "Oh shit!" She quickly grabs the spoon, turns down the heat and stirs the noodles and Rosita can't help but laugh. She is stupid, but in a smart way.

      They sit down to eat and dish Chicken Alfredo onto their plates. The meal is filled with soft smiles and meaningful looks. Time seems to pass so quickly and soon they are done, Tara clears the table and Rosita waits for her to finish.

      "That was really nice, thank you, Tara."

      "Ya, thank you for coming over. Are you- do you, uh- would you like to stay for the night?" Rosita can't help but fall for the dummy, her soft eyes, sweet voice, strong but gentle hands.

      "Yes, I would." There it is, her soft smile and puppy dog eyes. The bed doesn't feel cold tonight, it doesn't feel empty, it doesn't feel like nothing. It feel full, warm, important. Rosita feels loved, really loved. Not the "loved" she felt with Abraham, not the "loved" she felt with Spencer, really loved. She curls up in Tara's arms, peacefully. Tara holds her tight, and she feels warm with acceptance. Their eyes grow tired and they fall asleep, not worrying what tomorrow will bring, or what the past holds, only this moment, with each other.

Happy Valentines Day, hope you enjoyed the story!