The Petals

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

On our very first date, I remember I brought you a flower. Well, a flower bouquet. You told me, "Harry, this is too much." And you were smiling so big. I've never seen you with such a happy smile. But you took it. Smelled them. Smiled even more with red cheeks. I'm turning all the attention on you but... I'll be honest. I was wearing a bigger smile simply by seeing you so happy.

I got you a bouquet of Baby's Breath because the lady told me they mean Faith and seriously, I made my decision so quickly. Not only were they beautiful as they are, but the meaning, the meaning I also gave them, I just had to give them to you. It was so early but I knew I could have a bit of faith in the future. And look where it got us. (I'm smiling proudly right now).

After a few small kisses. Were they small? I think there might have been a heated kiss somewhere during the time we sat on the couch. But we walked out because it was sunny and we just had to enjoy the weather. You held my hand as soon as you closed the door and we didn't let go until we sat down at the flower field.

We talked. We laughed. We kept quiet. Time spent with you was always amazing. Maybe it was easy for me to be quiet with you. I could just sit there and admire who you are.

You took a small flower from the grass and began pulling on a petal: "Likes me" "Likes me not" "Likes me" "Likes me not" "Likes me!" And I laughed because you celebrated so cheerfully. Like... I'm here until the end. Don't worry about that, Darling.

I laid down on my stomach as you took another flower and began doing the same process.
"Likes me not?" You pouted and looked at me. "Did your feelings change in less than a minute?" I took the remains of the flower and threw it somewhere, grabbing your hand afterwards. "No, but they might have increased."

My words weren't the most romantic. Increased? It sounds like I was speaking about maths. But you smiled softly and kissed my cheek so I didn't care anymore.

And you spent more minutes killing the poor flowers and taking the delicate petals from them. You looked entertained, and I was, too, watching you.

In the end, you told me to stand up, and after my many protests, I finally did. You tried picking up all the petals that have gathered in a small pile, and you looked at me as if you were saying "Ready?"

You walked closer to me and I probably blinked because suddenly all the petals were falling over us and you pulled me in for a kiss.

Petals of different colours, shapes, and smells fell over us as you continued to kiss me. Delicately, soft, tenderly.

Even after they were all back on the ground, you remained there, us with our lips attached and hands beginning to touch skin.

You laughed when you pulled away but I could tell that you and I were feeling the same way. I knew that your heart was pounding as heavily as mine was. Your eyes, Babe, they say so much.

At that moment, I knew that I could grow to love you.

I knew that loving you would feel so right.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿