The Meteors

✩࿐ ✩࿐ ✩࿐ ✩࿐

I don't remember whose idea it was to go camping but it was an adventure.

Not only did we get to have a cool view, but the scenery was beautiful. We were surrounded by large trees and the beautiful sounds of insects and birds. It was even better when we found a small stream down a hill and we dipped our feet in. The water was freezing, remember?

I cooked for us because you didn't even know where to start. So you went to sit inside the tent while I made something for us. Then you told me to hurry up because the smell was delicious.

We ate inside the tent while looking out at the view. We felt so small there. So much land and so much sky. We are just humans. Life is really funny.

We talked most of the time we spent there. We laid down, we danced around, and we explored some more. Curious, curious, curious.

I started telling random jokes and you laughed helplessly.

We wrote a few more songs.

You started humming, creating a guitar tune.

In the night, when we were laying inside the tent, cuddled up, we noticed the sky. It was breathtaking. I thought for a second I was dreaming. But then you looked the same as me and you glanced at me checking if it was real.

A meteor shower.

I can't believe I got to see that. It was beautiful. So cool. I didn't know what to do or say. I just stared.

"So pretty," you mumbled when you rested your head on my shoulder.

I never thought this but I'm glad I experienced a meteor shower with you.

✩࿐ ✩࿐ ✩࿐ ✩࿐