Chapter 18 Laughs and Sorrows

Ei POV

I watch my mother freeze after I told her that I am a Herrscher. Although I understand why she would be shocked.

Before we go to the ME corp HQ, I already thought to myself about how to face my parents in this world. I am not close to my mother since she died when I was little, I can't even remember her name. There are no pictures of her around the house except for one, which is a family picture of my father, mother, and a very small me all smiling. It is a face that I haven't seen my father makes at all outside of that painting, I guess mom's passing took a huge toll on him.

At first, I try to ask the servant about my mother in the picture, and that was when I know that that girl is my mom. Sadly, my father caught wind of this and decided to remove the picture and move it to his study. I ask why he removed it, but he never answers and instead told me in an angry tone to never mention my mom ever again before shutting the door of his study. I cried a lot at that time since I have never seen my father becomes so angry before. Now that I am older, and have met them in this world, I can understand that every time someone talks about mom, his wound will emerge again. 

Due to my mother's death and my father's condition, I never really got close to any of them. If you ask me what my father likes, his personality, etc, I am sure that his business friends know a lot more than I do. As I grow up, I will avoid running into him as much as possible and always eat in my room, avoiding the dining room. 

Due to this distance, I feel isolated at home, with no one who is able to listen to my worries. Sure there are servants, but it is not the same. I also hate the fact that at school, people speak about how lucky I was to be born in a wealthy family, how I am beautiful that people idolized me. I guess all of that turns me into a Herrscher after the bullying that I got due to my father's arrest. I don't know if the claim that my father corrupted money is legit or not, but I personally don't care. 

When I turn into a Herrscher, I was on the rooftop, getting beaten by a group of girls and boys who once idolized me. They mocked me, beat me, and poured water on me. There I was dripping wet, with blood flowing down a cut in my forehead due to a box cutter slash by one of the group. At that time, I become a Herrscher. To be honest, I feel quite good when I see their surprised face for just a split second before their body is burnt into crisp, unrecognizable corpses due to my awakening's shockwave. 

I remember the joys I have when I go down from the rooftops to see students who have bullied me, and teachers who let it all happen, exiting their classrooms in panic as their skin turns white. Some had their arms fall off, some had their legs. People cry in pain both in hallways and the classrooms, as their bodies rot while they are still alive. I stopped in front of a girl who is crawling on the floor. As she crawls, a part of her leg is left behind due to it being rotted. Her hands and face are white, which is the trademark of stage VI Honkai radiation, basically, she is dead. Yet somehow, I recognize the girl, the girl who is the primadonna of the school after I fall from grace, the one who bullied me the most, Kitagawa Emi. She is a beautiful girl, who is the daughter of the direct rival of ME corp, thus making her family benefit a lot from ME corps' downfall. But that beautiful figure is no more, replaced by a rotting face begging for help.

"Kitagawa-san" I said at that time, standing in front of her with my electric wings open.

"R...Rai..Raiden-san" she looked up at me slowly. "How... are. you ok?"

"Well, I am the cause of all these things, so are you happy now Kitagawa-san?" I answered coldly. In my mind, I feel the dopamine released from seeing her dying like this.

"Help.. me, I'm...sorry, pleas..e, it's....painful" she said as tears flows down her eyes as she begged me. 

"Back then when you are bullying me, you didn't stop, so I guess I am obliged to give back your treatment." I said as I turn around to go up back to the rooftop.