𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗗.

All day he'd been working. Healing, healing, healing. Nothing less, nothing more. Will was sick of it. All he wanted was to have at least one of his father's other gifts bestowed upon at birth. But no. All he got was healing. Stupid, stupid healing. And there were even times when he couldn't even do that!

Like now.

It was his fault. Everyone around him had put a comforting hand on his shoulder, saying: "It wasn't your fault. You did your best." Even the camper's siblings had done the same thing; although a couple had run out, sobbing uncontrollably. He sat in the break room just behind the front counter, head in his hands, but he wasn't crying. Will was just sitting.

Letting it sink in slowly but surely.

He thought about the girl who he couldn't save. She was a daughter of Iris, goddess of rainbows, and messenger of Zeus. Her name was Jackie Sumer, and was only fourteen. She'd been one of the later campers who'd just come only a few months ago.

You let her down, he thought. You let her siblings down, Will. You're a failure.

Will had learned that she'd had a brother (biologically), who's godly parentage was off. Her brother, Finn Sumer, was a son of Demeter. Will had seen him come in only around twenty minutes after she died, and had asked to see her. One of his siblings, Ariana, told him the, ah, news. Will remembered very clearly the broken expression that overtook him. He remembered Finn turning around and walking out silently.

Right now, all Will really needed was something good to happen.