𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃.

So, so very tired. In Tartarus, all he could ever do was fight and walk. For days on end. He didn't even know what day it was. Had months gone by? He didn't know. It felt like the pain would never end, but he knew he had to do this. It was for the good of camp, for all demigods. He had to find the Doors of Death.

Come on, Nico, he thought. You can do this. You have to. Just one more step.

Nico lifted his foot to take a step, and fell on his face, his legs shaking from too much walking. They were screaming in pain. Nico sighed, and rolled over on his back. The harsh Tartarus air hit his lungs like broken glass. Sadly, however, he was used to the feeling. He looked around, keeping a look out for any monsters that may be lurking in the shadows, ready to kill him on sight.

Nothing.

He raised an eyebrow in suspicion. There was always a monster somewhere. He sat up, his whole body wincing from the aching pain it caused him, and closed his eyes. If he could just get that patch of shadows over by those rocks to move, then maybe he could find something that might lead him closer to his goal. Opening one eye, he glanced at the rocks.

Nothing.

Nico opened both his eyes, and got up, sheathing his sword. He took a nice, fresh breath of Tartarus's horrid air that burned his lungs, and kept walking.

Maybe he was just being paranoid.