1

The first time they met was at a party of a person Steve didn't know.

A little drunk Steve didn't know much, but he knew the bass was thumping, bad bunnys voice was dripping from the speakers like caramel, the floor was sticky and behind his eyelids the lights drew hypnotic patterns and shapes. And he knew that right now something cold and wet was running down his front.

Reluctantly he looked down at his chest where a dark liquid that resembled coke had stained his white shirt.

Ready to argue with the person who had spilled the drink all over him he lifted his gaze. And then the words he had been ready to say died in his throat because the guy was tall and attractive and staring at him and maybe because of the fact that Steve had only just come to terms that men were as attractive as women.

"I'm so sorry!" the tall guy said quickly already starting to swipe at Steve's shirt, doing nothing but smearing the liquid further into the fabric. Steve shivered at the deep bass of his voice and the cold liquid seeping into his skin.

"It's fine.", he managed to answer, "The shirt was getting too small anyway." which was the reason why he liked it, it stretched across his chest, emphasising the hard muscles of his pecs.

His words caused the tall man to let his eyes linger on his upper body and Steve liked the feeling of heat that small action caused in him.

"It looks good on you though." the stranger answered grinning slyly and Steve turned red, he hoped the rainbow lights shielded the color from his cheeks at least a bit.

"Oh, uhm thank you?" Steve said, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm Eddie." the guy offered his hand which Logan took, remarking that Eddie's fingers were longer than his. He couldn't stop his thoughts from wandering at what they would feel like wrapped around his- OK no stop! He mentally slapped his forehead wanting to get the image out of his head.

"Do you have a name?" Eddie asked and Steve realized he had been staring at Eddie without speaking just holding his hand and thinking about his fingers.

"Yeah, shit sorry. Steve."

"Steve.", Fred repeated slowly as if trying to figure something out, "Steve Harrington?" he asked incredulously.

And Steve nodded because that was in fact him.

"Dude, you're amazing on the field holy shit! Your last game was sick!" Eddie praised and Steve smiled, he knew he was a good cornerback but he didn't think he was amazing, not like Eddie thought he was amazing.

And that was another thing Eddie knew who he was (and they were still holding hands, but Steve wasn't going to mention it, he liked holding Eddie's hand.) Yeah, OK Steve wasn't not popular at school but he had never imagined that people would recognize him and Eddie must be from the same college, there weren't any other in hawkins and Steve wondered how he had never noticed him.

Sure campus was huge and they offered a million different classes at the same time but the chances that in the three years Steve had been here they hadn't crossed paths at least once. A thought dawned on him, maybe Eddie hadn't been here for three years yet, maybe he was new, a freshman.

But that hypothesis went out the window because Eddie said:
"I think you're in my sociology class..." and that was that.

"Really? I've never noticed you before." Steve answered truthfully and Eddie laughed.

"It's fine, people don't notice me unless I want them too." and Steve was about to say that that was a lie but then he realized that he hadn't noticed the other guy until he had spoken to him.