Chapter one

*Young Abigail*

I was running through the woods as my brothers and I were playing hide and seek like we did most days.

"Come on out darling." I hear Kol say, I could hear the smirk in his voice. I stopped at an old looking building and ran inside as I hid under the bed and I held my breath.

"Where are you, abi?" I hear my brother Elijah say and I hold my laughter in just as rebekah got under the bed, hiding next to me.

"Where are they Nik?" Kol wonders as they all meet up outside of the building and I wanted to giggle and run so bad.

"Come on guys, spread out and find them." I hear Nik say.

"Maybe they are in this old looking building or they ran back home." Elijah says as I try and stop my sister from giggling.

"Little sisters, come on out." I hear Nik yell out to us and I peak out of the bed to see my brothers feet out in the kitchen area.

"Finally you found us, we've both been hiding in the woods for hours." I yell out to them.

"We would have found you guys earlier if you were easier to find." Says Kol

"How are you so good?" Elijah asked us

"Come on out now." Nik says. I sigh as rebekah and I crawl out from under the bed and walk out of the building.

Kol picks me up on his shoulders and twirled me around as I giggled. They all smile at me walking back home. Kol set me down and I ran to Nik as I made him fall down causing him to chuckle.

"Hey mummy." I said hugging her as she crossed her arms at me sternly but she hugged me back and kissed my head.

"Why are you dirty?" She fussed

"Sorry mummy." I apologised to her. "Sweetheart I told you not to get these clothes dirty and I just had your hair washed the other day." She goes on

"Go and get your sister or brothers to help you with your hair." She says, I nod happily running. "Don't run in the house Abigail." She said as I rolled my eyes

"Kol..." I call once coming near his room and knock on his door. "Yes darling?" He asks. "Mummy needs you to brush my hair and help me wipe the dirt off my face." I look up at him

"What on earth made you so dirty?" He asked me sternly. "I was under a bed that was covered in dust and dirt." I say looking down.

"It's okay darling, I'll fix this." He nodded as he got a cloth and wiped my face before he began to brush my hair.

"There you go darling." He finishes. "Thank you my big brother." I smile hugging him. "Your welcome my darling." He says and then he hugs me back.

I ran out of his room when I bumped into my older siblings father as he looked up at me coldly and he pushed me out of his way.

"S-sorry sir." I say softly

"Whatever." He said sternly

I ran into Niks arms as tears streamed down my face and he held onto me tightly as he wiped away my tears.

"Your okay love." He said softly

"H-he's so mean." I said snuggling into his chest

"I know." He nodded