Chapter Five

"Sorry just had to right some wrongs" Marcus boasted, managing the shrink with shame yet glow with blinding pride at the same time.

"I think I suddenly understand how you got suspended- mate you, you can't be yellin' shit like that." Stated Phil bluntly, his disapproving glare could be felt even from miles away.

"To be fair, that kid deserved it, evidently. Actually I think Marcus was politically correct, in this situation" Wilbur added defensively, causing Marcus to beam a huge grin as he leaned against Toby warmly.

"Okay, chatters! I think it's about that time when I end stream, I know I know, so sad, okay bye! Bye bye chat!"

"Goodbye motherfuckers, you just witnessed both character development and a villain arc." Added Marcus to Toby's wholesome goodbye.

The screens stopped glowing and the luminescent hue in the room faded, this left Toby and his brother sitting alone in the room in a comfortable silence while Toby began to click numerous vibrant buttons, sending a knuckle-like crackling noise echoing down the halls as he stopped the buzzing noise that Marcus hadn't even recognised until it seemingly faded away into the shadows of the room.

"Mar you should probably go to sleep." Mumbled an occupied Toby, barely making eye contact.

"My fucking god its marcus and I suppose that's an order not a suggestion?" Marcus scoffed as he padded reluctantly towards the door.

"It's not an order per say I just really think that you should go to bed." Insisted Toby. Marcus regarded this with a snort as he stepped out into the ominous dark hallway. Familiar soft green walls greeted him as the sweet scent of his room wafted into Marcus's face, he climbed slowly into his bed, running his nails along the sheets to catch any loose crumbs in hope to avoid the grief of sleeping on the scratchy things.

Just like that he was out like a light switch.

Marcus woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing, he dragged himself over to the object and illuminated the screen.

–Five New Messages On Discord–

–Tommyinnit–

This Marcus?

Helloooooo

I NEED TO DISCUSS VIDEO W YOU

Marrrcussss

If this is the wrong number that'll be embarrassing

What the fuck do you want 'Tommyinnit'

And yes this is Marcus

U should film a 'I met Tubbo's brother' video with us

It occurs to me that without me you couldnt film a

'I met Tubbo's brother' video.

Would this be in minecraft or-?

Probably minecraft but if the big man agrees

we could do a vlog

Big man?

You have so much to learn young brobbo

Marcus stared at the last text before concluding that responding would only reward more patronisation. He sat up stiffly and bathed his tongue in the sharp smell of coffee as he opened his creaky door. He padded down the endless stairs to be met by a wall of warmth swallowing him as he entered the kitchen.

"Coffee?" Marcus inquired simply, stepping towards Toby's figure, hunched over the coffee machine that was filled with umber liquid and excreted the scent of freshly brewed coffee. Toby nodded his head and gestured to a small cup with arrays of smoke flowing out of it.

"Your weird friend asked me to film a video with him."

"Tommy?"

"Mhm"

Toby shook his head in disappointment, tossing his hand through his hair with a mock sigh.

"What video?" He asked with a huff after his dramatic scene, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Like the Drista one, but with me and possibly a vlog if the big man agrees." Marcus mumbled absentmindedly while picking up the steaming liquid before him and taking a cautious sip of the dark burnt-sienna coffee. Toby's face gave in as a delighted grin displayed itself across his lips.

"Ah, That, would actually be fun - minecraft or vlog." He snickered with wide playful eyes. As if on cue Marcus's phone vibrated obnoxiously.

–Tommyinnit–

Have you asked the big man?

Does he agree?

What?

You still haven't clarified who and what that is

Fine ill dumb it down

Would Toby let you vlog with us

With him not there, obviously

I'll ask

Toby had his eyes locked on Marcus's glowing face when the light from his phone faded and Marcus mirrored Toby's gaze.

"Would you let me and Tommy film a vlog without you?" Marcus asked bluntly, going back to his coffee.

"Well, it- it honestly depends, will Tommy be the only one there? You'd at least have to have Wil or Dadza." Toby started cautiously, breaking eye contact, "Y'know, I'll call Tommy and set this shit up okay? We'll agree on what we do and tell you after."

"Ah so I get no say in this."

"It's not 'no say' just let the adults talk, Mar, Tommy can be a bit much."

Marcus nodded vigorously and trotted pacily up the stairs and let himself get swallowed up by his soft bed.

That afternoon Marcus was placed at the end of his bed, he was nibbling lightly on the firm ends of his nails.

"Mar? Me and Tom have come to an agreement!"

"What is it, took ya' a pretty long fucking time so it better be more grand than Germany's fantasies to take over the world." Called Marcus bitterly.

"Tom'll text it to you."

"Then whats the fucking point of yelling that to me I could've just waited for the t-" Marcus started before being cut off by another buzzing notification.

–Tommyinnit-

Ok so basically in two days Toby will drop

U off where me old man and wil, also maybe

Aimee because Tubbo says that we're all

too 'Irresponsible' and we'll kinda just vibe

on the streets of london and fuck around

You all good with that?

Ye ok

Abt what time?

12pm ish

Marcus's heart lurched with nerves and excitement, this will be fun his hands flew up to his nose as he swung them around, grinning wide toothed and almost jumping with joy.

"Fuck this'll be entertaining!" He exclaimed to no one in particular.

He couldn't wait to see how this ends