Chapter 8: You. did. not!

I walked past the Lazy Town's park where Sportacus had told me to wait, under the apple tree where we nearly kissed until his crystal blinked indicating someone was in danger. What a very special place he suggested to me...

Upon arriving at the spot, I looked left then right, not one single person was there. Just the sound of my own breathing and the shining moon.

I noticed my hands were slightly shaking, vibrating almost. "Am I... nervous?" I thought.
I took the opportunity to reflect on what had happened during the period of time I arrived to Lazy Town and settled my breathing patterns with my eyes closed.

Just when I was observing my nervous hand movements, a gentle pull from my waist startled me. I immediately turned around to the Superhero himself. "Sportacus... you scared me!" I gently hit him on his shoulder in slight annoyance and relief as he kept his hands on my waist.
"That was payback for pushing me in the infirmary, did I make you wait?" He playfully asked after laughing at my frightfulness.

"Yeah, you did, for nearly two hours!" I sarcastically responded with a gentle smile.

"Well I won't make you wait any longer." He added pulling me into a small kiss on the lips. Roses slowly grew onto my face blushing at his actions and so did he.

"Oh! Before we go, I was meaning to ask you what you had meant when you suggested that I wore comfy clothes because of up there. What did you mean by 'up there'?"
I questioned since the thought of him saying he wouldn't tell me was bothering me throughout the day.

He took his hands off my waist and outstretched his right hand towards me. "Do you trust me?" What kind of question was that? Should I be scared? Concerned even? I took a moment to recollect his question before I could answer. I nodded to him to which he added, "I need to hear your cute voice." He smirked. "Yes yes, I trust you, Sportacouk." I giggled taking his soft hand.

He immediately pulled me close to his face, eyes meeting eyes, lips nearly touching. Before I could even blink, I was swooped from the ground into his arms like the first day we met when I got fairly injured. "Hang on." He stated.
"What're you talking about?-" He interrupted "Ladder!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened to see a ladder fall from the sky followed by his chuckle. "That's my airship." I looked closely facing the sky to see an actual airship in the sky, just floating. It looked so ethereal, almost out of a sci-fi movie with its modern technological look. "Woah..." I uttered breathless at the sight of it.

He started climbing up the ladder as if it was the easiest thing anyone could do. I wrapped my arms around his neck ensuring i was safely attached to him enjoying his side profile internally fangirling.

Eventually, we made it to the inside of the airship where Sportacus covered my eyes. "Are you ready?" He interrogated in eagerness. "Whenever you are." I responded with total optimism and curiosity as if he was hiding something. He released his hand from my eyes and straight away, I was taken aback by the Airship's high tech appearance and its simplicity.
"You never fail you surprise me, Superhero.." I await a response but replied with silence. "Sportacus?" I turned around.

There he was, holding a little basket with apples and a fruit salad in one hand, a rose in his other.
His blue and white stripped hat along with his goggles weren't on display. It was the first time seeing his light brown, fairly wavy hair and pointy ears. I stared for a moment and my heart melted at the sight of him cutely staring. "Let's head up."

"You're so cute." I walked up to him running my fingers through his silky hair and showing a gently smile as he handed me the rose in his hand. "And I'm so lucky to meet you, Sportacus..."

"I hope you say that by the end of tonight." He smirked grabbing my hand and we went to the top of the airship through a small ladder. I was met with cold breeze and passing clouds, shivers were sent down my spine but he comforted me with an arm around my waist and an extra blanket over myself as we sat. "Aren't you feeling cold?!" I exclaimed.
-"The cold never bothers a superhero."