CHAPTER 001

"I can't believe we are here, Rachel," Kayla exclaimed in excitement as the class entered the museum.

"I know Kayla you have said that like 100 times,"Rachel laughed at her best friends excitement as Kayla has always had an interest in the Ottoman Empire.

"Hush now class and listen carefully this is a portrait of the magnificent Hürrem Sultan. She was the first Haseki of the mighty Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent." The teacher trailed on. Kayla was a history fanatic and loved everything do with the Ottomans.

Kayla looked at the portrait in fascination as this ruthenian slave girl became the most powerful sultana in all of Ottoman history. 

"Hello earth to Kayla," Kayla snapped out of her daze and followed the class as they went to a room with many beautiful crowns and jewels that belonged to the sultanas.

"As we all know this is Hürrem Sultan's ring gifted to her by Sultan Suleyman as a declaration and sign of his love for her." The class moved in closer to get a better look at the emerald ring that glimmered beautifully. It must have taken the Sultan a long time to make such a beautiful masterpiece.

The class moved again but Kayla couldn't move she was mysteriously drawn to the ring, enchanted by its beauty. It felt like it was calling her name.

"Come on Kayla we gotta go," Rachel voice could be heard in the distance.

"I'm coming," Kayla shouted back. As soon as she turned to leave, she heard a voice calling out for her.

She made her way closer to the ring and slowly and unconsciously she felt a pull towards the ring and glided her hand towards the ring and touched it.

Sehzade Bayezid was riding in the woods when he was a saw girl no a woman lying in the grass mud on her face. He got of his horse to help her. She was wearing strange clothes but still carried her back to the Palace.