Description:

For The Love of History is a slow burn paranormal romance with a student/teacher trope in a university setting.

This standalone story was originally posted back in 2019, but I deleted the old book wanting to rewrite it with some supernatural elements.

In the previous iteration, the narrative unfolded through the third-person omniscient perspective. In this 2023 rendition, the novel is written in the first person with dual points of view.

I hope that you will enjoy this new version!

There may be some possible triggers surrounding attempted assault and the descriptions of certain death scenes.

Also, all poetry within this novel are my own original works 😊

————⸎————

Book Cover: By KimberlyTanithMarie
🔻Artwork created generated by Midjourney then edited in Photoshop

Book Cover: By KimberlyTanithMarie🔻Artwork created generated by Midjourney then edited in Photoshop

First Chapter: October 2023
Final Chapter: TBA
Word Count: TBA

————⸎————

[BLURB]

Octavia is a young, mixed-race woman with the ability to see the exact moment of a person's death.

If that wasn't enough to deal with, she has to juggle maintaining good grades while also trying to figure out where she belongs since the concept of her racial identity has always been a sensitive topic for her.

Feeling out of place in the Caribbean, she decides to pursue a Masters in History at a university in Scotland, her mother's homeland. She longs to feel a closer connection to the woman who brought her into this world, eager to learn more about her Scottish roots.

The moment Octavia meets Professor Graham MacAllister, everything changes.

For the first time in her life, she can't foresee a person's death and immediately becomes intrigued by Graham, curious as to what makes him so special. However, things quickly become complicated when Octavia realises that she's developing feelings for her professor.

————⸎————

[DEDICATION]

To the lovers of history:
Whether you are an academic or not,
I am forever grateful to you.
For without your archives,
be it written or otherwise
all would be lost.

- Kimberly Tanith Marie