Chapter 10

▪️O C T A V I A▪️

Emily and I smiled as we met up with Ejikeme and Michael, who had been eagerly waiting for us to arrive. They greeted us just as we entered the common room in the dorm building where the party was in full swing.

"Let's get some drinks!" Michael screamed excitedly.

Michael wore a gold metallic chainmail top with a black blazer over it and tight black skinny jeans with shiny pointed boots. His hair was a mass of lovely curls and had it not been for the fact that he was gay, he could have had his pick of any girl in the room, especially when he smiled.

Ejikeme wore black and white sneakers, with black jeans and a black and white sweater. I did not miss the way Emily and him eyed each other, and I found myself grinning at how cute the two of them looked.

As we all entered the main area of the common room, we were met with the blasting sounds of music. The main lights were off, and a variety of fairy lights lined the walls, illuminating the room. I took my time to take in my surroundings as it was my first dorm party while making sure not to make direct eye contact with anyone. Quickly downing the shot that Michael placed in my hands, I grinned as I continued to look around.

The dance floor was alive with movement, with some couples lost in the rhythm, while others were entwined in passionate embraces. I could not help but feel a twinge of longing while I observed a particular pair locked in a fervent kiss. My cheeks warmed at the scene in front of me, and I yearned for a kiss like that.

My mind involuntarily conjured the image of Professor MacAllister's strong, chiselled jaw. He did not strike me as a gentle kisser; rather, he exuded an air of intensity. I found myself lost in contemplation, wondering what it would be like to experience his kiss.

A subtle sadness welled within me, tinged with a touch of envy for the couple lost in their passionate moment. Their connection was palpable, a stark contrast to my own solitude in the midst of the pulsing crowd. As I stood there, an uninvited ache nestled in my chest, a quiet yearning for a touch that ignited the senses. The realization of my own unfulfilled desires weighed on me, casting a shadow over the vibrant scene before me.

Even though I knew it was wrong, I continued to briefly imagine what it would be like to be pushed up against the wall. The sound of music surrounded me while Professor MacAllister's strong arms held me close as his mouth hungrily devoured mine.

As I stood amidst the lively crowd, an unexpected sensation rippled through me—a soft, fluttering in my stomach, akin to the delicate wings of a butterfly taking flight. Though slightly aroused, I could tell that my need was not a matter of explicit desires, but rather a quiet acknowledgment of a longing for a connection with someone.

In that moment, my mind painted vivid scenes of warmth and intimacy, not in a sensual way, but in a yearning for genuine companionship.

I reminded myself that there was no harm in indulging my imagination. It was, after all, a sanctuary of sorts, a realm where dreams could take flight. Just as I was immersed in this comforting thought, a tall, blond guy strode up to me, his voice raised to combat the pounding music.

"Wow! You're absolutely stunning! Fancy a dance with me, gorgeous? Let me show you a good time!"

He drew nearer, and I could not help but notice his imposing stature, a physique tailored for intense, competitive sports. His movements were exaggerated, as if trying to assert dominance and unfortunately when our eyes made contact, the vision of his death flashed before my eyes. However, I quickly pushed the image away as he attempted to encircle me with his burly arm.