Prologue

Maliki walked towards the boat dock to meet Joseph for what he said was an important discovery that required privacy. As promised, Joseph was waiting at the end of the dock, looking down at the cracks in the oak to avoid eye contact. "What is it, Joseph," Maliki said when he was close enough to Joseph. "Well.." Joseph began, "I think we kind of have a bit of a problem." Joseph looked up to meet Maliki's eyes with a concerned look.

"What do you mean 'a bit of a problem'?" Maliki asked with a questioning tone, that if you did not know Maliki, would make you think he was actually a very kind man. Joseph shifted uncomfortably to the left, and after a pause, he answered. "I'm almost positive that Kenneth Water, son of Luke waters, our tracking specialist, has inherited traits of our kind. He shows all positive signs of being one of us." Maliki stood silent for a while before turning and walking away without another word.

The next day, the pack was called for a meeting in the main cabin. There, it was decided. Kenneth showed all signs of being a werewolf, and they must warn his mother and father immediately.

Joseph arrived at the home of Luke and Mary Waters. He knocked only twice for Luke to open the door. "Joseph, old friend, welcome. To what do I owe this pleasant visit?" Luke took Joseph in a hug. "Well, brother, the pack you see, have noticed positive aspects in your son, Kenneth. He has inherited your traits. And I have been sent to warn you before something happens." Fear and excitement flashed over Luke's eyes.