Postcards

Emotion: Confusion, Grief, Sadness
Started: February 17, 2023
Finished: February 17, 2023
Published: February 18, 2023
General words: 1667
Story Words: 1447
//

1:
Dear, Anna
What's it like in good ol' York? You're more than a thousand miles away, is it, nice there? I've heard it should rain a lot during this season, does it?
I have so many questions, but I'd prefer if you would answer them in person, when you come home.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

3:
Dear, Anna
I revived the first letter this morning, the picture is lovely, does it always look like that? If so, save me a seat there. You know I would be with you, if I could, but you know, I can't. They need me.
Picture of you was gorgeous. That red dress suits you, would you mind, wearing it for me sometime? When you come home?
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

11:
Dear, Anna
I heard the storm was coming by, stay safe okay? You should be safe in your apartment right? Oscar won't stop meowing, he sits in your spot on the couch. The kids miss you too, they ask if you're coming home.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

17:
Dear, Anna
I've been consistent with writing to you every week, I thought we made a promise, you said you would too, you have only written twice. Is everything alright? We miss you, your mom won't stop coming over with food, and she's way more ruthless with spices than you, your cooking will always be best. Could you bake that cherry pie when you come home?
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

23:
Dear, Anna
I'm worried my darling, you never answer my question, will you come home? I'm worried, so are the kids, Oscar won't eat anything, I can't perform that same ritual you did with him. We miss you, please tell me you're okay.
Come home dear.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

29:
Dear, Anna
We had to bury Oscar this morning, he was a great cat. I wish you were here, Elenor is not taking it well, Karl is doing alright, he never really liked Oscar. The kids miss their mom, I miss you too, come home for a visit soon, you don't have to do anything, just be here.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

34:
Dear, Anna
We made a promise, no phone calls, but I had to. Who was he? Who was that man, Anna? Is he your lover? Is that why you haven't been answering? He told you were "safe", whatever that means. Come home Anna, and we can make this right. I love you.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

38:
Dear, Anna
My love, I'm sorry if I angered you, I promise I won't call again. Could you just tell me you're safe, and sound? Even just a single "yes" from you would make me the happiest man. The kids are asking questions, "Where's mommy?" What do I say? Elenor is staying in her room an unordinary much, Karl is refusing to play with his friends. This has effect on all of us.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

45:
Dear, Anna
It's almost been a year my love. I haven't heard from you since you told me that the cafe downtown was nice. Is it still? Just a "yes" honey, and I'll never ask the lord for anything again. Just a "yes". Please.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles

52:
Dear, Anna
Officially a year, Elenor is utterly depressed, she won't eat, she won't speak, she won't go to school. Every morning it's a war, we all have wars with ourself's, we got another cat, her name is Diva, Elenor picked it. Karl is just as pissed with this cat as Oscar. Perhaps that's a good thing.
Will you come home?
Please do.
-Yours, Charles