~The Oak Dining Table~

It was a cold winter afternoon. Heather sat at her desk while contemplating quiting school. Her mathematics homework was making her cringe in despair. After staring at her text book for half an hour, she decided to grab a snack from the kitchen downstairs.
She walked down the stairs with heavy eyes when she heard the abrupt grunting of her father.
Heather saw him, Mr Chris Kolem, struggle to move a six- seater, oak dining table from their front door to the backyard patio.

She laughed and asked, "Do you need help, Dad?" "Not at all, sweetheart," Chris replied. He continued barely dragging the table across the house as Heather watched. She rolled her eyes and help her father. After managing to place the vintage dinning table on the patio and grabbing two cans of Coca-Cola, the two plopped onto the couch.
"Dad," Heather smiled. "Is that table Grandma's?" "Indeed," Chris chuckled. "It's another piece of furniture from her home. I didn't have the guts to sell it... Not this table. It's too sentimental."
Heather took a glance at her father's sad expression. His mother disappearing had had major affects on him.

Chris never had any siblings nor did he have a father. His father passed away due to a very gruesome car accident. The incident made it to the town's weekly newspaper and reading how his father was taken away from the world wasn't a fun experience for him growing up.
His mother worked hard to give him a good life. Chris vowed to himself as a young boy that he would take care of his mother. Make sure she always had food in her refrigerator. Make sure she was wearing comfortable clothing and always make sure he was with her.
With her for every moment of her elderly life until the day she lay in her death bed taking her last breath.

*Thanks for reading see you next Saturday! Don't forget to comment and vote(^-^)*