Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Depression at it's finest

Someone barged into my room. I didn't pay attention to the voice as I fell into a greater depression. I either stay her without my world and music or I go back down with everything but the one person who truly matters. I couldn't make a decision. Ares had to know that right?

Lost in my thoughts the person who came flying into the room was more then one person now. The next thing I know is there is a big bucket of water thrown over me making me wet and soaked. I snap out of my depression.

"Ah finally. I thought you weren't going to come back to us. We need your help. Ares went haywire." Athena said.

"I-I can't." I whisper.

"She's under heartbreak depression." Aphrodite spoke up.

"She needs to snap the fuck out of it." Athena yelled. I winced at her harshness. It reminded me of Ares.

"Dear, Ares is going to end up killing a lot of people if you don't get up." That female voice was unfamiliar.

"Who-Who ar-are yo-you." I stutter.

"I'm Hera dear. We haven't formally met yet." I look up at the beautiful shining goddess. She was magnificent. Every perfect curl framed her face she was what Ares needed not me.

"I'm no-not who Ares needs. He needs a-a goddess who can give him what he ne-needs."

Hera sighs then with a snap of her fingers I'm no longer in his bedroom, I'm on a field of grass. I get up and dust myself off and turn to her.

"Why did you bring me here?" She just points to over the hill. I walk up the hill with the girls trailing behind me. The whole town was on fire. Every bit of it. People were screaming, parents crying because of their hurt or killed children. "I did this. It was all my fault." I whispered and Athena put a hand on my shoulder.

"Technically Ares did this. You just set him off." Aphrodite said. Athena turned from me and slapped her straight in the face leaving a handprint.

"He's capable of destruction when he is pissed Jameson. You need to talk to him." Hera said.

"What did you even say to him to piss him off this much?"

"I-I told him that I wanted to go back to earth. How I miss music, my family, my schooling, my home. I told him that I had to go to stop whatever was brewing. I see that me leaving would cause it. Which means I can never go home." Tears escape my eyes as despair overcomes me. I pick myself up and turn around, I need to stop this madness.

"I need to stop this. I need to find Ares."

"Thank god finally some sense in you." Aphrodite cheered. Hera smiled and with a snap of her fingers I was in his office.

"Ares? Ares? Are you in here?"

I heard a loud bang sound and screaming. I ran into the room and saw a broken Ares on the floor. His back room was completely destroyed nothing left unbroken. I saw a trail of blood leading up to Ares. His knuckles swollen and bleeding, his face having a bleeding scar above his eyebrow, and his eyes bloodshot and red.

I run over to him and try to find a cloth to stop the bleeding hands. I saw two white washcloths and I decide to wet them and run back with a bowl of water.

"Ares give me your hand." He shakes his head.

"Let me feel the pain. I need it. I deserve it." I shake my head.

"Ares you don't deserve to feel this pain. Let me clean your wounds."

I try to scoot closer and I pull his hand over to mine and I start to dab the wound. He winces at the pain but suffers it to let me clean it and soon all the blood on him was gone and wounds were scabbing. Once he was done fuming I pulled away. I couldn't get all the fire and eruption of the town out of my head. He had caused so much pain to those in the town. All the grief and pain.

"What damage did I cause for you to come and try to calm me down." I look at him with sadness in my eyes.

"A whole village and it's families." I manage to choke out.

"This is why you shouldn't be near me. I can only hurt you."

"But..." He stops me.

"Go."

"No. I will not leave until we talk this threw."

"God damnit I said leave. Just fucking leave." He stood up from his sitting position and leaves the room.

"And I said no. I'm not going to fucking leave every time you see fit Ares. I'm trying to help you. Stop being so stubborn and just talk to me. Why are you so against me leaving Olympus. Why? Don't you want me to see my family?" He turns abruptly towards me.

"Of course I want you to see your family. To have the life you always wanted. Live with the music that is in your heart. But can't you see that I'm in no control. I asked Zeus to send you back down there and he said no and that he would kill you if I asked again. I'm powerless." He turns away from me. Then he continued.

"I just wanted you to be happy. If that's not with me then it's back on Earth."

"Of course I'm happy with you. You are my best friend why wouldn't I be happy with you."

"Can you please just leave." He pleaded. I nod and turn to the door.

"I never stopped caring about you Ares. Not even when you broke my trust and my heart." I close his office door.

..........................................................................................

Love y'all. No messages here today

Bye My Lovelies