One

{Bowie, Maryland} 9:30pm-10:00pm

The father slowly pushes his son, back and forth, back and forth.They both hadn't spoken since wishing his wife farewell. Back and forth, back and forth.The old wooden swing set creaked with each push. Creak, creak, creak, creak. He was attempting to tire him out, but so far it was only working on himself. Greg, his son, had reached what his mother called, 'the terrible two's'

"Look at the stars." He spoke at last. His son giggled and pointed towards the sky. He stopped pushing, expecting protest, but there was none. Walking around so that he could see his front, he took his chubby hand which was still pointing despite the fact that he now had the attention of his father that he desired ever since they came.

"It looks like I'll have to do this the old fashioned way." Michelle said, wrapped his arms around him, sat down on the next swing over, and cleared his throat.

"If you could wish upon a star where ever you are,

Would you do it?

Or suffice to the life that you have been entrusted." He could feel Greg cuddle into him.

"Open your wings and fly,

For there's no reason to hide." There were soft snores.

"Yes, they hover you and I,

Protecting us from the blight."

Suddenly a burst of light dotted his vision, a pleasant ring sounded in his ears.

He smiled.