Three

{London, France} 6:00pm-8:00pm

Olive lay down in the plush grass, breathing heavily. She glanced over to Petter who was catching his breath as well. She had come to the conclusion long ago that she and Petter were very different. She screamed into the clouds, hoping, praying, and demanding to be heard, by someone, somewhere, somehow. And Petter, well... he was a lost cause; a beautiful rose hidden away in a field of dandelions. Watching the world around him, wither and fade.

"How long?" she breathed and rolled over to her side, facing to the opposite of her brother. "Who knows? Hopefully, an hour tops." Even though he was only a minute older than her, the fact that he was more mature was evident. His outlook on life was more precise. His observations and knowledge always cut into everything, hers was more figurative and inaccurate.

"How long do you think this will go on?" she asked but already knew the answer. "For as long he can get a bottle." He replied. "Do you think there's a God?" she asked aloud again, thoughtfully before the question could disappear into the unconscious abyss that was her memory. "I don't know, but if there is, I just wish he'd give me a sign."

Minutes past by as they lay to themselves, watching the clouds, and wishing they could live amongst them, when a gentle breeze conjoined with the warm summer air, catching them by surprise. Soon, a lone form of light hovered in front of them. Petter wasn't alarmed as Olive was, in fact, it comforted him. He reached out to touch it, when it connected with his pointer finger, it had bust, spreading its glow throughout the air. And soon, nothing was left of it but the hope it had implanted in their hearts.