𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘, wolf moon

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

MCCALL HOUSE

Scott McCall sits on his bed in his room, quietly repeating various words while re-threading the laces on his lacrosse stick. After ensuring that the net on his stick is properly secured and adjusted, he casually throws the stick onto his bed and heads towards the bathroom door, where a pull-up bar is mounted on the lintel.

"Okay Scott you did better on this practice test than last time." Noah Stilinksi sits on Scott's bed, reviewing Scott's practice exam answers.

"So what you're saying is that I didn't do worse but it's still terrible." Scott grunts as he performs a set of chin-ups before entering the bathroom.

"Scotty, you didn't do a terrible job. Don't worry about it; you've made significant progress." Noah gently responds, shifting her focus to the bathroom, where Scott is brushing his teeth and washing his face.

Scott enters his bedroom and takes a seat beside Noah. "I find it hard to believe that I'm still struggling. We've been working on this all summer," he remarks with a sigh, lowering his head.

"You will get there, Scotty. It's going to be—" A noise outside cuts Noah off. Scott and Noah exchange glances, one with a curious expression, the other nervous. "What was that?" Noah whispers.

Scott silences Noah with a finger to his lips, then throws on a red hoodie before grabbing a wooden baseball bat as they leave the bedroom. Stepping onto the front porch, Scott shields Noah as they try to figure out the source of the noise. Out of nowhere, a figure drops down from the roof, causing Scott and Noah to scream in fear. They almost strike the person with the bat, but then they recognize it's Stiles Stilinski, their best friend and Noah's twin brother.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?!" Scott exclaims in exasperation, lowering the bat. Noah's trembling hand rests on her chest as she attempts to calm her racing heart. She reaches into her pocket for her inhaler, bringing it to her mouth with a shaky hand to take a puff.

Stiles seemed frustrated as he noticed the baseball bat in his friend's hand, "You guys weren't picking up your phones! And why do you have a bat?"

"We were studying Stiles." Noah's soothing voice fills the quiet air, and she shakes her head at her brother's antics.

"We thought you were a predator!" Scott's displeasure is obvious as he speaks to Stiles.

"A pre - I - wha?" Stiles scoffs, shocked by the concept. He sweeps his arms around his face before explaining why he is here, "Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw our dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even State Police." He tries to hide an excited grin but fails.