Chapter 2

He didn't want anyone knowing about this.

He didn't want anyone to worry about him, but that plan already failed.

Why? Because someone noticed.

Tails.

Tails was the one he certainly didn't want knowing what happened to him, next to Eggman, who'd probably already know by this point.

Chaos, he didn't want Tails to know.

All he had been doing for the past few days was hiding away in his room and being quiet.

There were times where he couldn't help but run around in it, though. He still needed the exercise.

But what of his powerful stretchy arms?

The day started off as normal, doing some leisurely activities.

He was sure nobody was—

"Sonic?"

The perma-Werehog jolted as he heard the voice coming from the door.

Oh Chaos that was Tails what is he doing oh no oh no oh no oh no

"I haven't seen you around lately, and everyone's starting to get concerned about you. Even Shadow and Knuckles are worried about you..."

He didn't want to do this to him, he really didn't...

"Sonic, tell me the truth. What's going on?"

This got to him.

Now the words were starting to form in his throat; now he wanted to talk, something he did not want...

"Tails..."

"Yeah, Sonic?"

"You really want to know what happened?"

"I do."

"Promise you won't freak out?"

"Sonic, you know I won't. Just get it over with and we can move on."

He finally opened the door, letting Tails get a glimpse at what was now going to be his brother figure for the rest of his life.

"Trust me, I freaked out when I found out..." he muttered.

"Sonic..." Tails breathed. "You're still the Werehog. But you haven't even changed back. How?"

Even now, telling him that this was because of Dark Gaia would be a sore subject. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Sonic, I know you're uncomfortable, but if you could just tell me why you're still like this, maybe I could make you feel better about it," the young fox said.

So, as much as he hated to, he was forced to explain. The pain from Dark Gaia taking the energy making him a Werehog away, the fact that he still had speed and the feeling that something was missing, everything.

"That's a good point you made," Tails hummed. "I'll keep looking into it."

"Good," he said. "And be sure to keep this a secret from everyone."