The Beginning of Something New

There I was caught staring at the most amazing human being I had seen. He was perfect; his smile perfectly caressed his pale skin and his green eyes were to die for.  His name was Jack Johnson, and I had no hope in ever talking to him. I felt insecure about myself, I believed that I was to little for a boy like Jack. Like look at him, he's perfect and then there's me.

Time had past quickly, lunch was already over. I got really sad about this because this was the only chance I had to look at Jack without looking like a weirdo.

"Hey Mia where  you going", my friend Kasy asked.

"On my way back to class, lunch is already over!" I exclaimed.

"Mia?!" Kasy asked.

"Huh?" I replied.

"I saw the way you were looking at that boy sitting over there" Kasy told me pointing towards Jack.

"Um.. no, no I wasn't looking at him" I replied feeling my face turn warm.

"I'm just warning you, that boy is older than you don't dream about ever dating him!" Kasy whispered in my ear.

That was the only problem, he was a 12th grader and I was unfortunately only in 11th grade which was a big deal for a lot of the girls in my grade.

"See you later Kasy!" I replied disappointed.

"Remember what I told you!" Kasy repeated.

"I will... I will" I replied.

As I walked to my next class I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was my friend Nathan, he was my best friend. He accepted me  the way I was.

"Nathan, how you been?" I asked.

"Great because I just ran into you!" he replied.

"You're to kind Nathan" I replied blushing.

*Nathan's POV*

I felt different around Mia she was kind and generous and always tended to be there for me. I couldn't do the same because I had stronger feelings for Mia; the feelings that you are not supposed to have for what you call a "best friend". I looked at her differently, she was so shy and so delicate. I was scared to tell her how I felt because I didn't want our friendship to be affected by this.

*Mia's POV*

I loved Nathan, well in a best friend way. He was indeed attractive but I never though of him that way. I could never see myself loving a person I tended to look at like my brother.

As me and Nathan walked to our next class, I spotted Jack. There he was, so far but yet so close. His silk blonde like hair perfectly sculptured around his head. As I stared at him, I saw him turn around and directly saw me staring at him.