five

December 8th 2023.

'Happy Birthday, Jay-hyung.'

Sunoo stared at the message he sent from early in the morning. Jay still haven't seen it yet probably because he's still busy.

He stopped buying red roses for Ni-ki eversince learning about what the flower symbolizes but he still made sure to pass by the church and look for Jay who's rarely there. The texrs they've been sending to each other are becoming short and boring.

Sunoo is sure worried. He knew something about Jay's behavior is wrong. He could sense that the older boy was not at all okay. Physically, mentally and emotionally. He had sent many text messages and even called his number multiple times since yesterday but Jay never answered.

"Sunoo, what are you stressing about? You've been acting weird since yesterday," Heeseung asked, standing in front of him checking his temperature. "You look sick."

Jake looked up from his cell phone, "Were you perhaps thinking about that guy you always meet in church?"

"Who?" Heeseung asked, curious.

"You should try checking the church again, Hyung," Ni-ki said. He already knew about it and Heeseung's the only one living in the dark.

"Yes, do that," Jake said as well, ignoring Heeseung's questioning eyes. "And please buy me one of those thornless red roses. It'll be my birthday gift for Ni-ki's birthday tomorrow~"

"Why do I only get a rose? That's not fair! I've used all my allowance to buy you gifts!" Ni-ki pouted.

Heeseung heaved a sigh as he faced Sunoo back.

"Let's check the church and let me see who's that guy-"

"Heeseung-hyung," Sunoo said, voice pleading as he held his older brother in the arms. "I can go alone, I'll just tell you about him later when I get home..."

Heeseung only gave him a look but didn't argue further.

Sunoo went upstairs to get his wallet, re-thinking if he should go or not- he did went anyways. Although it was already four in the afternoon and Jay surely wouldn't be there, he still decided to go.

He was still far but he already spotted a familiar guy covered in thick layers of winter coat sitting on tbe spot where Jay and him used to sit. He could tell it is the same person he was looking for, Jay, judging by the single thornless red rose in his hands and sitting at the last step of the stairs as if waiting for someone to come.

"Jay-hyung!" Sunoo approached the older boy.

Jay looked up to him, eyes sparkling for a second before it went back to being void.

"Sun," a small smile appeared on his lips, Sunoo could tell it was fake.

Normally, Jay will greet him with wide smile, one that could brighten anyone's cloudy day. Not something like tbid, just lips flat and forced into a thin line together.

"Glad to finally see you here! It's been a month, are you that busy?" Sunoo asked as he sits beside Jay.

"You can say, I've beem to a lot of business meetings with my Dad. I couldn't even get proper sleep these days," Jay shrugged.

Half of what he said are true, half of it were lies. There are visible black spots under his eyes and the color is more evident than before. He looked a little skinny and hid lips are dry and almost colorless.

"Are you sick?" Sunoo asked, worried.

"I'm find, just need some sleep...I guess. Thanks you for concern," Jay answered.