It's a Steal! A.k.a Félix gets a taste of his own medicine

Lila smirked to herself as she paced rather quickly down the busy roads in the centre of London. She kept looking at the numbers written on the doors and glancing at her phone in her right hand, while with her left, she was holding in place a duffel bag.

A very important duffel bag.

+A few weeks before+

Lila was on the Star train, ready to start a round-the-world trip with Adrien, at the request of Gabriel Agreste himself. The Italian girl didn't know why the fashion guru wanted to send his son away from Paris; she had honestly thought it was strange and out of character for Gabriel, who, since the day she had met him, had always tried to keep tight control over Adrien. It was indeed weird that he'd accept that the boy would get so far away from his grip. Sure, he had sent Nathalie on the trip, but no assistant could have a tighter grip than Gabriel himself. Lila had thought about it quite a lot in the hours preceding their departure.

However, as they were relaxing on the train, the latest news bulletin caught her attention, and with it, the dangerous Akuma attack that Papillombre had launched against Paris. Much more dangerous than anything he had ever done before.

That left Lila wondering. She had always suspected that Gabriel Agreste may be Papillon, Papillombre, or Monarch as he started calling himself straight after. But the fact that he would go out of his way to keep Adrien out of Paris; it was as if he knew about the impending attack and wanted to keep him safe—a massive clue on its own. So Lila had her suspicions, until those suspicions became a certainty.

During that elusive trip around the world that never even began, just after Adrien had mysteriously disappeared, Lila had happened to need the toilet. Hence, she entered the closest toilet in the train and stared in amazement at what she remembered being Adrien's duffel bag thrown unceremoniously on the ground, as if Adrien had tried to hide it, or had forgotten about it.

Curious, she locked herself in the toilet and opened the bag; outside, she could hear Nathalie on the phone, coughing and trying to understand what had happened to Adrien. So initially, Lila thought she could find something in the bag to justify his disappearance. This would have put her in an even better light with Monsieur Agreste. However, when she opened the bag, what she found inside left her baffled.

Not only the clothes that were in the bag weren't Adrien's. Or at least, she'd never seen them on him and she worked close to him on several occasions. But there was a tablet in the bag, a tablet that Lila recognised very well. It was Nathalie's tablet, still switched on and unlocked. This aroused Lila's interest because she'd never thought that Nathalie would give her tablet to Adrien. Besides, why was a tablet that contained private information about the Agreste brand, including employees' data, left unlocked? But the page that was showing on the unlocked tablet caused Lila's eyes to grow wide and her heart to race in her chest.

She remembered that book.

It was the book that she saw Adrien reading the first time she met him; but the first time she'd seen it, it was written in an obscure language. Not this time. This time it was written in French. And to her big surprise, the text was a detailed explanation, with pictures, of the power of a very specific Miraculous.

The Peacock.

Lila read the information on the page. Then, she cautiously opened the door of the toilet and leaned slightly outside to overhear what Nathalie was saying.

"Also, sir, my tablet has disappeared. Vanished into thin air, exactly like Adrien. Yes, I know. It contains extremely private and confidential information. I take responsibility. I'll get the train searched in full until it comes out."