Chapter One

i'm not a stranger to manipulation.

 Yet for some reason, my brother was able to do so, without even thinking.

 You might be wondering, what did he do to get me to sit in the backseat of his car, driving 72 hours in the car, from Orange county California, to Austin Texas. Good question. I'm not really sure either.

Manipulation, that's what.

 It started yesterday, as I was sitting in my room, trying to sew a pillow my dog ripped up back together, when my brother walked in, a serious look on his face. 

"What do you need, Jackson?" I asked, not taking my eyes off my project. 

"So, I want to go somewhere." "Okay? Bye." "No no, you have to come with me.""What?" "You're coming with me.""No I'm not."

I continued to pierce the needle through the tattered fabric, being careful not to poke myself with the sharp tip. 

My brother went on to explain to me why he needed me to go with him for three days in a car. Three, very long, days. 

"So, to get this straight. You are a 26 year old man, and Mom and Dad STILL need me to accompany you on a road trip, go make sure you don't get...what, kidnapped by aliens, and shit?" He nodded, "probably, yeah.""No." I lined up the needle with the spot I needed to stitch.

 "Jschlatt will be there." 

I felt a sudden sting on my fingertip, as warm blood pooled around the cool metal tip, now embedded in my skin. I pulled it out, cursing loudly. 

"Like, Schlatt-Schlatt?! Like, Johnathan Schlatt???"He nodded, "yeah. Schlatt-Schlatt."

Oh, did I forget to mention that my Brother is a Minecraft streamer? My bad.

 I looked at my bleeding pointer finger, wiping the forming blood off. "So, do you want to go?" "Yeah? I-I guess."I sighed, then added. "As long as you leave me at the motel, or hotel, or wherever the fuck we're staying, whenever you hang out with him." 

"How come? I thought he was your favorite YouTuber." 

"Yeah, he is, but I don't want to intrude on your guys' time together."

 "It's fine, Mom and Dad said I had to take you, because you like his content." 

"Well, okay then." "Great!!! Pack up then!!!" "When are we leaving?" "Tomorrow!!! 7:04 sharp!!!""7:04? That's the most random time ever.""Start packing."

That was about 20-ish hours ago. We are currently on the road, getting close to the border of California. 

I twisted in my seat, tucking my legs up underneath me.

 I switched the song playing in my ear buds, from "I GUESS IM IN LOVE" by Clinton Kane, to "Sweater Weather" by the neighborhood.

 "all I am, is a man, I want the world, in my hands, I hate the beach, but I stand, in California with my toes in the sand."

 I wonder if he's even going to care that I'm Jacksons sister. Him meaning Schlatt, of course. I seem have been thinking a lot about him, ever since we got in the car. 

"use the sleeves of my sweater, let's have an adventure, head in the clouds but my gravity's center." 

​​​​​​Hm, look at that, we're in New Mexico.

 "touch my neck, and I'll touch yours, you in those little high waisted shorts, oh."

I Wonder what he's going to think of me. Will he think I'm weird? Funny? Or will he want nothing to do with me?