Chapter six

I held back my tears as i wave goodbye to my brother's uber pulling out of the driveway, the car absolutely packed with all his stuff. once they backed out, the uber driver waited a couple moments so Jackson could roll down the window and wave back at me before driving away. 

i sigh once i couldn't see him anymore. i turn back, go into the house, and sit down in the living room. 

shit. that really just happened. 

tears start flowing again as i realized i wouldn't see him for a long time. at least a couple months. i wouldn't see him at holidays, or random times throughout the day. he was gone. he left me here. 

my parents come out of their room, spotting me staring off into space on the couch. 

"is he gone?" my mom asks, arms crossed.

i nod, wiping my tears. 

"good." my dad says.

usually, i never snark back to my parents, but this was the final straw. 

"good?" i repeat, turning to look at them, 

"what do you mean 'good'? you just kicked your son out of his childhood house because you didn't like that he loves men. you're the same people that said you would love him no matter what, yet you just threw him out because of the people he likes? what kind of a good parent does that?" i shout, the anger bubbling up inside me, about to spill. 

i just yelled at my parents. holy shit. 

"young lady. that is not how you speak to us!-" "no, screw you guys. i've tried to forgive you for ruining my life, but i can't forgive you for this. you're the people that are supposed to love us unconditionally. you wonder why Jackson and i didn't come to you for anything? because you both are two faced, bitchy assholes! i'm done keeping quiet about this. i'm going to speak up." 

they look taken aback. yeah, i was snarky sometimes, but mostly to Jackson and my friends. never them.

"don't speak to us like that!-" my dad tries to say. "I. DON'T. GIVE. A. SHIT." i practically scream at them. "You two are horrible! i can't believe i used to look up to either of you!" there come my tears again. either i'm overly emotional, or every strong thing i feel makes me cry. 

"i'm leaving. and i'm never coming back." i say, marching straight to my room, grabbing a suitcase from under my bed, and throwing a few changes of clothes in there.

"and where do you think you're going?" my dad asks, looking like he was ready to beat my ass. "didn't you hear me? i said i'm leaving." "where will you stay?" "some place you won't find me."

i reply, grabbing my wallet, throwing it in the suitcase, zipping it up, and storming past my parents to the front door. 

i could hear my mom try to stop me, but my dad stopped her. "let her go. she's worthless anyway."