Chapter Three

*trigger warning* (not sure if this is much of a trigger warning, but there is talk of 9/11. rest in peace to those people who lost their lives that day. you will never be forgotten.) 

i was just hanging out in the back yard of the Air bnb. they had a nice patio, with a pool in the yard, personally, i wasn't going to go swimming, since it was getting cold here in Texas. It's been about a week since i stopped talking to Jackson. i don't mean to be this petty, and i seriously have tried to talk to him, i promise! it's just that any time i go up to his door, fist raised, ready to knock, i chickened out.

i sighed, and leaned back more in the lawn chair i was sitting in. there was some calm music playing through my earbuds, although i wasn't paying much attention to the songs.

Sweater Weather came on.

i smiled at the familiar lyrics, remembering hearing it during the car ride here.

i turned up the volume, and looked up at the cloudy sky.

it looked like it was about to rain.

you wouldn't dare...

i gave the sky a dirty look, as if trying to intimidate it. alas, it CLEARLY didn't work, and rain started to slowly trickle down from the sky, and landing square in my face.

fun.

i reluctantly got up, and went inside. normally i don't care about the rain, and i would stay outside and watch it. but i was in a bad mood already, and getting a wet sloppy kiss from the sky was NOT the idea i had in mind, while going outside to relax.

i opened the slider door, and stepped inside.

Jackson was standing there with his arms crossed, staring at me.

i closed the door behind me, and copied his stance.

"what's up?" i asked, harshly.

there i go again, angry for nothing.

"just came to let you know it's raining. but i think you've figured that out for yourself already."

i nodded. we just continued to stare each other down.

"i'm going to go to my room now." Jackson said, dryly.

i nodded. "you go do that."

we exchanged glares as he stomped back into his room.

he slammed the door, leaving me alone in the living room. that's fine!! i like to be alone... but i was really bored though, and i had no idea of what to do.

then an idea sparked up in my brain.

i pulled out my phone, went into messages, clicked on Schlatt's chat, and called him.

"what do you need." he answered after the first ring.

"nottttthiiiiiiiinggggg~" i smirked, knowing i sounded annoying. "mhm. seriously though, what's up?"

"well, i'm a little bored, and there's nothing else to do...so i called you."

"rude." he scoffed.

"no!! i didn't mean it like that!!"

"i know, i'm just giving you a hard time. but, what the fuck am i supposed to do to help your boredom?"

shit, i hadn't thought about that now, had i. "you know what," he started, i heard shuffling from the other side of the phone. "i just realized, Jackson probably isn't interacting with you."