Chapter 2

Its 7am and Lily did the usual. Sweep the floors, mop, polish, dust, wash, and cook. Then she took her bath and grabbed her lunch and head to work. And she is always the first at work so she sit on the step and read a book until someone comes.

She have a bruise mark on her arm from last night when Jerry hit her. She looked up once in a while to see who is coming. Louise greeted her,"Good morning Lily early as always!"

"Yep!" She says warming his heart with that smile off hers. She wipe down the tables and unpack the chairs. She started preparing the coffee and organizing the donuts. Then she turned the Closed sign to Open.

This girl, fitted and in shaped came in. "Can I have a glass of Skimmed milk and a whole wheat donut?" She asked. "Dine in or take out!" Lily asked. "Dine in!" And she took a seat. Lily rest the plate with the donut in front of her along with her milk.

Louise call out to Lily and she ran quickly. " I'm going right in the supermarket to get more buns and coffee!"

Lily said," So I need to run the diner till you come back!"

"Exactly!"

Louise left and Lily as usual sat down the counter reading her book. Alex came in or as Lily call him the man in the million dollar suit. "The usual!" He called out and told Lily. Lily got up and walk to the kitchen to whip up Alex order.

The usual is 4 pancakes stack, bread with bacon and a cup of hot mocha. While preparing the sandwich, Lily cuts her hand. She quickly rinse her hand which was running blood. She then puts her hand in her apron and then carry Alex's food.

Her apron was turning red from her bleeding hand. "Here's your meal sir!" She fumbled. Alex's eyes drop on her bleeding apron.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!"

He took out his handkerchief and held her bleeding hand. Lily was afraid her hands started shaking. Carefully, he wrap her hand. "Get that treated!" He demanded. She nodded and got back to work.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◆◇◆◆◇◆◇◆◇◇

It was a normal running day at the diner and Lily shifted was over. "Good bye Louise!" Lily waved to him. "Good bye Daughter!" Louise replied. Lily's next stop was at the library. She walk down Watson Street and pass the flower shop.

"Hi Ms.Jackson!"

"Hey Lily dear come!"

Lily walk over to Ms.Jackson Bakery and the elderly woman give her a brown bag with some pastries. "For you!" Lily smiled and replied," Thank you Ms.Jackson!" Then she took the shortcut to Park Avenue thats where the library is located.

"Good afternoon Ms.McCain any new books?"

"Yes actually! Help me pack them out!"

Lily rest her bag down and push the trolley with the new books. Lily and Ms.McCain pack each book on the shelf they belonged to.

"The Colters Lady!"

"Yep new one!"

"I love Maya Banks books! They rock!"

"Yep for a fat lady!"

They both bursted out in laughter. Lily took the book and sat at the red leather chair by the long brown table. She put on her glasses and pages by pages she read on. Each page kept her wanting to read more. Thrill. Excitement. Drama. Love. Action. Are things Lily look for in a book.