chapter 3

Cherry got distracted as she heard laughter. "Casper? Lauren? Is that you...? Look, if you're all trying to scare me, it won't work, I don't get scared."

Lauren heard it too, but sat on the steps. The two joked with the tall. Casper tried to convince them to stay out of the house. 

Cherry looked around. "Where did you guys go?"

The three ghosts were talking about their day, laughing and having fun, but looked to their kind nephew. 

"Oh, look, it's Casper," Stretch greeted.

Lauren looked bored. She shrugged and went towards the door.

"Hi guys... did you have fun?" Casper asks.

"With ten being fun and one being you, yeah, we had fun." the short one, Stinkie, says.

Fatso and Stretch laughed, then sent their horse saddle away.

"Say, why ain't you inside doin' your chores?" Stretch asked.

"Yeah, doin' your chores!" Fatso added, goofily.

"I just thought that tonight we could eat alfresco." Casper says.

Lauren walked out of the door, humming.

"Hey, sounds great." Fatso grinned, feeling hungry already.

"Say, you ain't tryin' to keep us out of the house, would ya?" Stretch felt something suspicious.

Casper looked surprised.

Lauren gasped and looked down. "Oh, my, I'm sorry." she says to Casper, having accidentally walked through him.

The uncles were about to scold Casper, but they looked ahead. They could have sworn they saw a 'fleshy'. Did they? Casper looked nervous. Lauren looked up at the three, blinking. Stinkie and Fatso looked shocked.

Stretch looked down. He decided to be the one to speak up since his brothers were silent. "What're you doin' here?"

Casper looked down.

"I just moved in." Lauren says. She then stuck her hand out and touched his face, curious.

"How very nice..." Stretch smiled, then looked annoyed. "Now get out!"

Lauren crossed her arms and glared. "No." she says firmly.

"This ain't your house, it's our house." Stretch glared at her.

Lauren glared right back. "The woman who owns it told us we could live here as she had a job for my dad." she says.

"Oh, yeah?" Stretch glared at her.

"Yeah." Lauren scowls.

"Oh, yeah?" Stretch taunted.

Fatso and Stinkie got bored and decided to go inside.

"Yeah!" Lauren huffs. She turned and went to go inside.

Casper went in too. James was looking around the house with a flashlight for more ghosts, he was a little scared actually. Stretch, Fatso, and Stinkie grinned, they smelled more fleshies in the house. 

Lauren looked around. "Dad!" She yells.

Stinkie and Fatso went to help scare them out.

Cherry explored herself, looking around. "Where did everybody go?"

Lauren glared at Stretch. Stinkie came by and breathed his noxious gas at her.

Stretch glared too. "If you'll excuse us, we got ghost men's work to do, little lady."