Tate

I can't stand looking at her. Watching her eyes twinkle as she looks out the windows. I know that her eyes have grown sad. Sad that she can't escape. But no matter what, Violet is beautiful. She always will be.
I'm constantly watching her. Imagining that I'm with her, holding her and stroking her hair. But she'd never let that happen. Not after what I did.
I regret it so much. How could I have been so stupid. I finally found someone I could love and I ruined it. Just like that. She's stuck in the same house with me for however long and she hasn't spoken a word. Two years and she's been silent. It doesn't even hurt her. She doesn't love me!
Sometimes I just watch her cradle her baby brother. She's so gentle. Why can't she caress my face the same as she caresses his? I can feel her gentle touch. Her warmth against my cold skin, for my heart is cold. My blood is cold. But Violet's must be warm. How could it not? She sees me at the window and stares at me. She then walks over to the window. I almost scream because this is happening. Violet is coming over to me. She's coming to talk to me! But instead, Violet closes the curtains and leaves me there on the other side of the brick wall. I place my cold hand upon the bricks and even they feel warm to me. My hand must be like ice by now.