Violet

The blades did nothing. Only dark blood spilled gently from my arm. But could I feel it? Of course not. I was dead. I sat day after endless day, longing to feel pain again. Something. Anything to make me feel human. But I wasn't even alive. If it wasn't for this house, and me dying here, I wouldn't have to suffer through this. Who knows how long I'm going to be here. Nobody
has come to view the house for 2 years. It's untouched.
I thought life was pointless. Hah. At least when you're alive, you can wait for death, but when you're alive, what's to wait for? There's nothing. Nothing worth being here for. But I don't have a choice anymore. I'm stuck here for who knows how long. Unable to feel, unable to leave, unable to love. Or so I think.
I don't speak to anyone here except for my baby brother. I feel so bad for him. If nothing changes, he's going to be stuck here. Just like he is now. His head will fill with thoughts but he'll never age and never learn. How agonizing. He's so quiet.
My parents don't understand. In fact, they seem like they're having a grand time together. It makes no sense to me. They didn't love each other ever since Hayden, the little bitch ruined everything. Well they didn't love each other until they both died here and came to the conclusion that it was amazing and now they'd get to spend eternity in the same fucking house forever. With their two dead children. Your average happy family... Isn't it lovely?
There's Tate. His sweet face, that I constantly catch glimpses of when he's looking at me through windows and doorways. His soft skin, and his hideous, black heart. I don't understand how I'm still attracted to him. He ruined my life. I can't decide whether or not he ended it, or made it last forever... Either way it's ruined. And it's his fault. I don't love him for that, but I love him. And I can't figure out why.