𝕺𝖓𝖊

Scott clutched a thin tree branch that he'd made into a makeshift wand to his chest as he stared up at the magnificent building he'll call his home for the next five years. An academy for witches; the best school any witch could ever dream of getting into. And they did it.

Scott nodded to himself and took a deep breath. Pull it together, Smajor, he said in his mind. Staring isn't going to get you anywhere. You can do this, you got in for a reason. They stared at the rocky path beneath them. Just put one foot in front of the other-

"Out of the way, newbie!" Scott heard someone shout from behind him, just before he caught a glimpse of a boy on a broom zooming by.

Scott froze in place, their grip tightening on the stick in his hand. Oh my Hades- He could've taken my head off!

The unnamed boy in question made a U-turn and stopped in front of Scott. He had much tanner skin than Scott did, but looked rather undead for having such pigmented skin. His hair was a tad bit lighter than Scott's and coily. "Hey," he said. "My name's Keres, he/him. Yours?"

"I- Uh- Sc-Scott," Scott stammered quietly. He'd been ready to just about show Keres what's what, but seeing him up close made them nervous for some reason.

"Scoot?" Keres said in disbelief with a laugh. "Scoot? That's an odd name for a necromantic witch."

Scott sighed. "No, it's actually-"

"What're your pronouns, Scoot?" Keres interruptsd.

"He/they..."

Keres nodded. "Noted." He glanced slightly downward. "Is that your wand?" He squinted. "It looks like you made it yourself."

Scott looked down at the stick in his hands. "I did," they answered, then showed it to their new friend. "It's not super flashy or anything, but it works well enough. It can perform basic spells, so it's pretty useful. I can't really afford a real one, so..."

Keres sighed. "Don't worry, that'll be fixed once you get settled in," he assured Scott, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Anyway, you want a tour of the Dark Magic building?"

"Dark Magic?" Scott asked, following Keres, who moved slowly just above the ground on his broom. "I thought necromancy didn't count as Dark Magic."

Keres rolled his eyes. "Please, anything to do with death counts," he said. "But there's no actual evil magic here. Mostly." Scott tensed. "As long as you don't count the Accelerated Necromancy professor. Her sense of fashion is pretty evil if you ask me."

Scott felt his shoulders relax and he let out a long breath of relief. "You scared me for a second," he said with a small laugh.

Keres snorted. "No, I'm just playing. Achlys is pretty cool professor, though."

Scott nodded. See, Scott? This is fine. Besides, you already made a friend! This might not be so bad after all.

Keres hopped off his broom and, with a snap of his fingers, it withered away. "You might want to brace  yourself," Keres advised before pushing open the two large doors that were probably twice Scott's height.

The lobby was extremely extravagant. A dark, forest green carpet covered the floor on the ground level, and two curved staircases that led to the same balcony framed another set of double doors below the second level. The ceiling was tall enough to fit a sixteen-foot-tall giant, and a large chandelier hung from the center. The dim light from the candles on the chandelier and walls were the only sources of light, creating a dark and eerie atmosphere. Students in large, pointy, dark hats were everywhere; flying around on their brooms, showing off new spells, or just chatting.

Scott's eyes widened and lit up with excitement, the corners of his mouth twitching into a smile. "Holy Hades," they breathed. "This is-"

"Cool? Magnificent? Totally awesome?" Keres grinned. "Yep! Welcome to the Dark Magic Hall!"

---

Scott paused in the middle of trekking up the continuous staircase leading to his dorm room. They were completely out of breath. "Why..." He took another, slow step. "Are there..." Another step. "So... many..." Another step. "Damn... stairs...?" With one last step, the boy was near collapsing. "And I have to do this every day?" He groaned and gritted his teeth as he murmured, "How inconvenient."

After what felt like an eternity, Scott was finally at the top and could enter their room. They pushed the door open, gasping at how beautiful the room was. The wallpaper was a very dark greenish grey with a floral pattern, and on each wall was at least a dosen framed wilted flowers and silhouette portraits of unnamed people. The loft bed was one straight out of Scott's imagination; the bed on a ledge that was fastened to the wall above an incredibly organized work desk and small closet. The comforter on the bed was black, and the blankets folded at the foot of the mattress were grey and lime green. The desk below was made of stained dark oak, and so was the closet. Inside the closet was Scott's own witch hat and cloak. On the opposite wall in the corner was another desk, but with a brewing stand and lots of books and random items that looked like spell ingredients. Next to the little spell station was two glass doors covered by green curtains that probably led to a balcony, and on the other side of the station was a solid door that most likely led to a bathroom. Next to the bathroom door was a full-length, easel mirror with a golden frame.

He couldn't help squealing out of joy at the sight. It was like the room was pulled straight out of their mind. Then again, it probably was. Magic was a crazy thing.

Sighing happily, Scott tossed his duffle bag onto the bed and unbuttoned his own cloak so he could try on the one waiting for them in the closet. It was... big, to say the least. The sleeves sagged off of their arms in the most unflattering way and the cloth pooled at their feet. He let out an agitated sigh as he looked into the mirror at himself. It was the most disgusting thing they ever wore.

"I'll fix it," he muttered to himself, shrugging out of the ugly thing. "Nothing some scissors and a needle and thread can't fix." He yawned. "For now, I might just rest until dinner."

They stepped up the ladder to the bed, accidentally kicking the duffle bag off as they settled under the covers. He'd clean it up later.

Scott closed his eyes and let melted into the soft bed, finally calming down from the excitement of arriving at the school.

This is going to be the best next five years of my life.

---

Yay, new book! Even though I have two others that I haven't finished yet, one being untouched for over a month! Yay!! /lh/hj

Demiboy Scott has my heart <3

As you can probably tell, this isn't the same 'competing to become the Supreme Witch' plot as the actual SMP is supposed to be, but that's okay! It's a fanfiction, who cares? I just really like writing school AUs /lh

But anyway!! Chapters for this book are probably going to be the same length as the ones in APBAON, just so that you guys don't have to wait forever for an update lmao (sorry about that to those who are waiting on an update on A Mile in Another's Shoes, by the way :'D)

I hope you enjoyed!! Love y'all <33 /gen/p