Glass of Water

When I woke up I noticed it was dark outside. "Ah, how did you sleep Miss Colin?" I heard J.A.R.V.I.S. ask me as I swung my legs around to the side of the bed and prepared myself to wake up.

"Fine. I suppose." I responded as I stared into nothingness. My slumber had helped me escape my worries. "What time is it?" I asked J.A.R.V.I.S.

"It is 11:30 p.m. ma'am."

I pushed myself out of bed and walked into my bathroom that was larger than my old room. I started the shower and when it was warm enough I hopped in. I suddenly felt the depression overwhelm as if it was the water washing over my body. Everything that I thought I knew was all wrong. My whole life was a lie. I could feel anxiety moving through my body as I thought about how I have to start my life all over again. Then I remembered, Ethan. Yes, I had only known him for a little over a day. But there was something about him. Maybe I was only focusing on him looks and bad boy nature. Or maybe I was looking at the fact that he was my only friend. I had no one, besides him. I debated with myself about calling him and venting to him about this new life and the stress I have put on myself. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to begin to tell the world that I'm Tony Starks daughter so I decided to not call him. I got out of the shower and dried myself off. I changed into some P.J.s that I had brought from my old house and climbed back into bed. I fell asleep and woke up again about 2 hours later. I tossed and turned, trying to gain back the comfort that I had just lost due to waking up. I decided that my efforts to fall back asleep were unsuccessful so I rolled out of bed and headed down stairs towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. Good thing I had noticed the kitchen when I first walked into the house or I would have gotten lost trying to find it. Starks house was huge, I mean enormous. I do not understand why someone would need a house this big. I walked around the island and over to the double doored fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, Voss of course. I twisted the cap off of the bottle and walked over to the gas logs that was still continuing to burn. I stared into the fire and wondered how God chose me to be Tony Starks daughter. A noise that sounded like a power tool broke me out of my daze. I looked away from the fire and listened for the noise again. I heard it again after a few seconds of sitting in silence. I walked over to another set of stairs that went downstairs instead of upstairs. I heard the tool again. I took hesitant steps towards the noise. It's not that I was scared, I just wasn't sure if I could be roaming around the house at such a late hour. As I approached the bottom of the stairs, I absolutely shocked at what I saw. A huge garage, under a huge house. It was filled with gorgeous foreign cars that just looked fast. I was blown away yet again by Tony Starks money. Even though there was a glass door separating me from the garage I could still hear rock music playing. TNT by AC/DC. I looked further into Starks massive garage and saw Tony working on one of his Iron Man suits with a power tool, which explains the noise. Tony had his back to me and was very focused in his work. I heard the music shut off and overheard J.A.R.V.I.S. tell Tony that he has a guest at the door. Stark turned around to see me standing there in awe of the garage that he owned. Stark turned off his power drill and took off the work gloves he was wearing and set them down on a near by table. He walked over to the glass door at which I was standing, typed in a code and unlocked it.

"Is there something I can help you with?" He asked in a awkward but confident tone.

My eyes gazed down to his chest where I saw his reactor glowing through his shirt. "No, I just couldn't sleep so I got a glass of water and overheard the power tool. And here I am." I shrugged.

He gave me a half smile, "Well, since you're here, might as well give you a tour."

Tony showed me all the cars that he owned including ones that he built from scratch. He didn't leave off one single detail about any car. He was obviously very proud.

When we came around to the Iron Man suits, he told me stories about each one. Even ones that I already knew. I went over to the suit that he was working one when I first arrived in the garage. "Whats wrong with it?" I asked him as I circled around the suit, eyeballing it from every angle.

He crossed his arms and frowned in frustration, "I can't seem to get the repulsors to respond."

I circled around the suit again, "do you mind if I..." I asked referencing to the suit, in hopes of trying to fix it.

"Be my guest." I could hear the doubt in voice. Like he doesn't expect me to fix it.

I climbed close to the suit and readjusted a few wires, I pressed the button in hope that the right handed repulsors would respond and sure enough, it did. I smiled at the thought that I had just beat Tony at his own game and it had only taken me a couple minutes. I wiped the smile off my face and turned around to face him. "Maybe you should get a glass of water more often." He said and let out a little chuckle.