Here I Come Cali

I wanted patiently at the door with my things, my arms crossed. Not only had my adoptive parents who had raised me for 14 years tell me they didn't love me but they also told my father is the one and only Tony Stark. I couldn't believe it. But it honestly made since. I was smart, crazy smart. Just like Tony. Not to mention I was a fan of the Avengers. Most people didn't know about them, but when you have to brain I do it's not hard to figure some things out. I looked up to them. The way they fought... I can only imagine the bravery it took to face aliens that they knew nothing about.

I wasn't going to school tomorrow. There's no point. I'm leaving to move to LA where the Stark residence is located. I reached into my backpack and pull out the piece of paper that Ethan had given me. I dialed the number into my smart phone and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I heard the other line say.

"Hi, Ethan. It's Colin."

"Colin!" I could practically hear him smile. "I was wondering when you were going to call."

"Ya, I need to tell you something..." I said my eyes watering up. I wasn't crying because I was having to tell him I was leaving I was crying because I reminded myself I was moving. "I won't see you at school tomorrow or the next days."

"Why?" I heard sadness in his voice.

I had strict orders to not tell any one I was Starks daughter, "family problems."

"When will I see you again?"

I paused and thought about this question, "you'll probably see me everywhere but I won't see you."

"What? Colin, what does that mean?"

I saw lights shine up the drive, "I'm sorry Ethan, I have to go." I heard him say my name one last time and then I hung up.

I swung my backpack over my shoulder. I fixed my blue blouse and jeans. I heard my adoptive parents come up behind me and stand on either side. I pushed open the door as the limo pulled into the driveway to pick me up. A bigger man got out of the divers seat and came around to help me with my things, "I'm Happy." The man said. "I'll be taking you to LA and making sure you get there safely."

"Apparently I don't need help," I said under my breath. I opened the door to the back of the limo. I didn't plan on saying goodbye or helping them with my luggage. I sat in the back. I heard Happy and my parents talking and laughing. I crossed my arms and leaned my head against the leather seat. I felt the back of the limo drop a little from the extra weight in my bags.

Happy walked to the drivers side. "Are you ready?" he asked and turned to look at me. I didn't respond. I kept my arms crossed and look out the window. He sighed, "Mr. Stark and Ms. Potts are great people you'll love them." I closed my eyes still not responding. "I know you and Mark had a great relationship--"

"How did you know that?" I asked sitting up, "you or Stark don't know the first thing about me." I said getting angry.

"Well, Miss Colin, I do prepare to learn." He told me. He sifted the car into gear and we headed to California.

The whole car ride was silent; not one word was said. When we arrived at the airport I kept my headphones on and stepped out of the limo shielding my eyes from the sun. I grab my carry on bag and let Happy handle the rest. I watched him as he struggled with my heavy luggage, I felt bad. I helped him pull all three large suitcases out of the trunk. "Thanks." He said out of breath.

"No problem." I said with my headphones still in my ears, "so what are we flying Southwest, American Airlines...?" I looked for an entrance into the right terminal.

"Neither," Happy told me, "Mr. Stark had a private flight prepared for us."

My eyebrows raised, "oh really?" I tried to act like I wasn't impressed when I was actually very impressed. A private plane? Are you kidding me?

We loaded the plane with my luggage. Well, someone else loaded it. I just say there a watched.

I entered the plane. It was beautiful on the inside as much as it was on the outside. It was mainly tan, there were two rows closes to the windows. I took a seat in the back. The chairs were so comfy I was almost asleep but the someone woke me up. "Excuse Miss Stark--"

"My name is Colin." I said bitterly. I looked at a man dressed in all white, I assumed he was the pilot.

"My apologies. I just wanted to let you know the flight will be about 5 and a half hours long. If you need any thing feel free to ask Cindy." He said point to a flight attendant.

"Uh-huh." I said putting my headphones in my ears and leaning back in the beige first-class chair. I must have slept pretty hard because the next thing I remember was Happy waking me up telling me we had landing in California.