Hidden

3rd Person Pov:

Time was foreign to Kendra downstairs in the darkness. She couldn't keep tack of the hours let alone the days the only indication time had passed was when she looked herself in the mirror her body was changing and so was her mind-she was growing older. She didn't know how old she was maybe sixteen? That would mean she was in that basement for maybe six years of her life the only human interaction she had was from the small interactions she had with her mother when she came to give her meals.

The basement had a small light embracing the room in a small dim glow, their was a old mattress where she slept with some thin blankets to keep her comfortable. Fortunately there was a small bathroom connected to the basement small enough for a shower a toilet and a sink. She spent her days rummaging around through boxes and chests looking for old keepsakes of her parents she needed to find a shred of humanity to cling onto, she felt herself slipping further into the bottomless pit of darkness as the days went on. The voices in her head were agonising loud nothing she could do could quiet the noise.

Was this it? was she condemned to living like a caged animal until the day she died? Even now after her parents cruelty all she wanted was there acceptance she was a child who needed help and when she needed them the most they locked her up and threw away the key. 

At night when she couldn't sleep she found herself humming a lullaby it was strange because her mother never sung it to her she didn't know where the song came from but it brought her comfort.

Lavender's green, dilly, dilly, Lavender's blue
if you love me, dilly, dilly, I will love you.
Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly, And the lambs play
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly, out of harm's way

When she sang this lullaby she saw a blurred image of a woman in green it was a strange feeling really the woman seemed familiar to her-warm but she never saw her before. 

The blonde stared out looking up at the ceiling she lay flat on her back on the mattress. She counted the cobwebs she could see, 1....2....7.....10... 

Her mind had exhausted her she was tired of fighting all her life it seemed like she was in a loosing battle with her mind. She just wanted to give in did that make her a terrible person?

Get out it's time

She closed her eyes letting a tear slip down her face, the voice was compelling and she didn't know if she had the strength to ignore it any longer. She took a deep breath in and as she released the breath there was a switch in her brain. When she opened her eyes the sea of red poured into the darkness Kendra only had one thing on her mind.

"Escape" Her hushed voice whispered into the endless darkness of the basement. By tomorrow the world will be introduced to Little Kendra...and they will be covered in red.