Run Away

Just wanted to say that this is a spin off of the Pirates of the Caribbean series following the adventures of Hector Barbossa. I hope you like it.

Hector-

It was about one a.m. when I decided to leave. I tried to open the door with the least amount of creaking as possible. I gently closed the door behind me and immediately started running. I remembered there being a ship at the docks that was destined to leave at 6 am. I had to use the light from the moon to find my way to the ship. I saw a big brown vessel docked with sails that were hard to see in the dark. It was actually so dark I almost fell into the water. But then I found the rope leading to the ship. I grabbed on and started to climb it. It took me a while but when I finally got to the top, I struck a match. It provided me with a little bit of light to see where I was going. I started to walk only to strike my foot on the leg of a table. Pain climbed up my foot and I wanted to scream but I tried desperately to hold it in. But I had caused the table to fall and some stuff on it had fallen off causing a ruckus.

"Huh!" I heard a deep voice say. Someone was sleeping on the deck and before they could fully awake, I put out my light and crouched away. I went towards one end of the ship and there I saw a barrel. I used a lot of strength to pull the top off, climbed in, and put the top on after I was fully in.

"What was that?" I heard a different voice say. His voice was a little higher than the other voice.

"I don't know," I heard the deep voice say.

"Probably just an animal. No need to alarm the captain," the high voice finished. His voiced wasn't very high, but it was higher than the other guy. Then I heard footsteps walking away and a sigh. I put my head in between my knees and dozed off in a tight little space. Little did I know that I had gotten on the wrong ship. In the dark of the night, I had failed to see that there were two ships. One full of merchants, and the the one I got into. The ship full of pirates.