Prisioner

Hector-

My ears rung when I awoke. That bastard pirate had knocked me out and now I was in a cell. There were three cells I could see. One completely full, one empty, and the one I was in. There were six other people in this cell with me. Three men and three women. Two of the men were adults, and the third one looked about 5. Two of the females also looked my age. The third girl was probably a few years older than me. It was weird to see so many young people in dungeons. But the other cell was different. It was filled with old men and they were trying to break out. Each cell was against a wall and in the center was and open space with the floor completely red. I mustered up all my strength to push against the ground and lift myself up. One of the elder men came over and helped me up. "Where are we?" I asked.

"The stockade. Prison. Whatever you want to call it. We'll be here for a while." the elder man replied. He had dark skin and a small Afro. He looked 5 foot 9 inches and about 34.

"Why keep us alive?" I asked.

"Just so that they can use us later. Whether as a slave or ransom us to the government." He held out his hand for me to shake, "I'm Martin." He pointed at the other elder man and said, "He's Bill. And that is Jack." Martin said pointing at the little boy. "The girls are Alice, Jane, and Rebecca." Rebecca was the eldest. About 4 inches taller than me with such light blonde hair that it almost seemed white. Even though I didn't know it then, Alice and Jane were fraternal twins. They both had a light tan and they were both brunettes. Alice's hair was down to her shoulder and Jane's was down to her elbow.

"I'm... Hector," I managed. My head was still buzzing from the hit. "How long have you guys been here?"

"A few months. We were all captured together except for Sparrow," Martin said pointing at Jack, "He's been here longer than us. The rest of us are family and we were captured together."

Martin had called the boy Jack at first and now Sparrow. This was the first time I met the man that would change my life in the near future. His name was Jack Sparrow.

It took a few hours until a man walked through. He was a filthy pirate with an eye patch and a long white beard filled with crumbs. He walked with a limp mostly because his left foot was wood. He came to our cell and pointed his gun at us. "Stand back!" He commanded. We all did so. The man used his other hand to open the cell door. He pointed at me, "You," he commanded. "Come with me." I slowly raised to my feet. Then I hesitantly followed him. As soon as I was in his reach, he grabbed me by my brown hair and pulled me out. The man slammed the door shut as I lay outside the cell in pain. "Up," he ordered me. I rose to my feet. He turned me and planted the gun on my back. "Walk." I went straight. As soon as I was in the center of the room, he kicked me in the back of the knee. He pushed me down to my knees and chained me to the floor. Both my arms were tied behind my back with rope and tied to the floor. He also chained my legs to the floor but the chain was long. He walked in front of me, put away his gun, bitch slapped me, and shouted "Aye. He be tied down." Then the captain of the ship walked to me and smiled devilishly. He had a scar under his left eye that went down to his mouth. There was a little scar resembling an x on his right cheek and a scar above his eye. There were many more but it would take too long to state it all. He was dressed in a black pants and shirt. He had a gun to his right and a dagger to the left of his sword.
"Hello boy." He said in a cool voice. He pulled a barrel over to in front of me and seated himself. Besides him, 3 other pirates were in the room. He pulls out his dagger and puts it to my face. "Do you mind telling me what the hell it is your doing on my ship?!" He shouts. That scared the shit out of me.
I gave him a smart response like"Uuuuhh." Then I gathered my thoughts and said, "I accidently stowed away on your ship sir. Please don't hurt me."
"Well if you want to live, tell me why you stowed away boy." he demands. He then made a cut down the left side of my face. Under my eye resembling his scar. I tried not to show the pain.
"My original parents died when I was young. They gave me to some whores, my current family that treats me like a dog. So I left them. I thought I was getting on a merchant's ship but I guess I was wrong." I waited for a response.
The man stood up and spoke, "If you want to live, you must prove your worth. If you can stand, by the count of ten, I will let you join my crew. Otherwise, crumbs here shoots you," he said pointing at the white bearded man. "One." he started. Shit. How the hell am I supposed to get up. I'm completely chained down. By the time the captain got to four, I got a painful idea. I pushed as hard as I could with my right shoulder in a wrong direction thats not natural. I dislocated my shoulder bringing my arms into a wierd position. I slipped my arms out one by one. There was so much pain I couldn't even hear what number he was on. Then to my luck I could see that the chains were very loose. I stood with one eye wincing in pain. The captain gave me an astonished look and smiled. "I've never seen one person who's survived this other than myself. Free him." Crumbs put up his gun and freed me. Before I could do anything, he popped my shoulder back into place.
"Aah," I winced in pain but I tried not to show it. The pain was dancing on my shoulder and not leaving.
The captain roughly patted me on the other shoulder and placed his arm there. "Congratulations lad. Your now a pirate." I let out a weak smile. I was now the thing I hated most. I was a pirate.