Pirate

Hector-

Its been two days since my initiation. They have the rookie doing the shitty jobs like mopping the deck and scraping the side of the ship. So far it's been crappy and all I can think of were the others in the cell with me. They probably think I ditched them. But first chance I get, I have to free them. Then I looked up from mopping and I was astonished by what I saw. The sky was a brilliant blue without a single cloud in sight. A warm breeze swept over and I stopped working to spread my arms and feel the breeze. I closed my eyes feeling the amazingness. When I opened my eyes again I was surprised. A meter in front of me was Mary. She was doing the same thing I did. This time she wore a simple black shirt and pants. I know she ratted me out and all but damn she was beautiful. I almost went up and hugged her. But I returned to my senses and went back to mopping. She was walking by me and I made a rookie mistake. I said "Hey."
She gave me a disturbed look, almost as if to say what the hell is wrong with this guy. But then her eyes got soft and I couldn't resist staring into those sparkling daimonds. "Hey," she said back. She then walked up to me, looked me right in the eyes, and just when I thought she'd slap me, she apologized. "I'm sorry for telling on you," she said.
I was too shocked to talk. "Mhmm," I replied. She slowly started walking away and I could tell she truly did feel sorry.
I was about to return to mopping when I heard someone shouting, "Land Ho!" This got me excited. We saw land in front of us. Everyone ran up to one end of the deck so they could see it. After all this traveling, I can see why everyone is so excited. The captain came up and started steering diagonally. I guessed he was looking for a port and I was right. He kept moving but stayed close to the island. He was extremely careful not to get too close. When he found the port, he rode up and docked the ship.
"Ok!" he shouted. "We need six people to go onto land and buy supplies." He pointed at four people calling them by their names. Then he turned to the fifth person. "Mary!" he shouted. "Find one more person to go with you." And with that, he went back into his room. She looked at me and locked her eyes. She raised her eyebrows almost as if to ask me and I nodded. Then soon the six of us set off on our adventure. It was once we got to land that I realised where we were. We were in Tortuga. Home of corruption.
Most people were either fighting, getting drunk, doing something illegal, or doing all three at once. The wierd thing is no one minded me in the middle of all of this. I was only 13. "So what do we need to purchase?" I asked.
"Don't worry about it," Mary answered not bothering to look at me. Since she was leading, I caught up to her and tried to have a conversation. But I kept on getting distracted. The streets were filled with action. People kept falling and throwing things that almost hit us. Then we finally stopped at a bar. Mary walked in very nonchalant and we followed. She put her hands on the counter to order and that's when I first noticed her tatoo. She had a picture of a skull with two bones crossed on the back of her hand. It was the pirate symbol. I'm not sure if it's because of that tattoo, but the bartender changed how he was acting. He immediately brought barrels of rum. We tied 5 of them together and we all lifted it at once. It was heavier than it looked. We just barely started to walk when a man blocked our path. He was atleast 6 feet 3 inches but unlike Sticks, he wasn't skinny. He was very muscular and had humongous biceps. He had a scar on his nose and looked drunk. His brunette hair was long and tied in a barade. He had fair skins and his body was filled with tattoos.
He got a little closer and spoke, "You be Scar's crew?"
"Aye!" Mary said stepping forward as if to challenge him.
"And what may y'all be doing in me leader's territory?"
"Just buying some rum," I answered. I must have insulted him because he drew his sword. Mary who was closest to him let go of the load and stepped forward. He swung starting things off great with a leveled cut right at her head. But Mary was quick enough to duck under it, pull out her sword, and step forward with it pointing at him. He would've died if he hadn't sidestepped right. Then without a second to waste, he turned 90 degrees counterclockwise with his sword pointing at Mary. It was the perfect attack. He lured her in and striked her when she was in offense. It all happened in seconds and her head would've been gone if it weren't for one of the people holding the barrels. He jumped blocking the path of the sword. The sword pierced straight through his body. Then I saw the look of terror in Mary's face. Before I even knew what I was doing, I got involved. The whole ground was wet and red with blood. And just as the man began to pull his sword out, I attacked. I lifted myself up using his biceps and put my legs around hes neck. The back of my knee was directly in front of his neck and the other leg was applying pressure. The man started to choke. It took about thirty seconds until the man collapsed onto his knees. Still barely alive he kept clawing at my legs trying to get me off. My legs were bleeding from his scratches but I stayed on. Eventually, he fell face first onto the floor and died. I slowly rose to see my fellow crewmate dead on the floor. Killed by the man I had killed. Then I realized everyone was staring at us. The five of us were about to run out when I heard someone speak.
"Aye whats with all this noise?" a deep voice muttered. I turned towards the sound and everyone moved out of my line if sight. I saw a man on the far other side of the room. He had a woman in his lap and sat in such a large chair it looked like a throne. He smirked at me. This was the first time I saw this new and upcoming pirate that would eventually take my leg. It was Blackbeard. Only twenty but a very famous pirate. He stood and swayed a little which made me think he was drunk. He then saw his dead crewmate lying on the floor. His face suddenly changed. His brows furred and his eyes seemed hard & furious. It was frightening. He took out his three feet thick sword and raised it. "Attack!!" he shouted with so much might I though the room would shake. And then suddenly, 80% of the people in the bar pulled out a gun and started firing at us. We all scattered. We were being open fired upon by Blackbeard's crew. We were so dead.