01

"and a perfect 10! as expected from the cupids' star player!"

applauses and cheers fill the overcrowded university gymnasium as sunghoon shoots yet another perfect 10. he can only smile; he is, after all, the team's best player.

he takes a deep breath and positions his arms at an angle that will allow him to hit the center of the board. he watches as the arrow makes its way to the center of the board and leaves its mark.

sunghoon bows and smiles as the audience screams. their archery team won yet again, as expected, and he couldn't be happier.

his teammates encircle him, muttering praises and thanks as they receive another budget increase thanks to sunghoon carrying all of their victories.

"dude! you're insane, how did you manage to hit three perfect tens in a row?" a tall, handsome, tanned skin man wraps his arm around sunghoon's neck "it was nothing and get your hands off me jake!"

jake could only snicker before bursting into laughter. "what? why are you alone anyways, where's heeseung and jay?" sunghoon asks a laughing jake.

"those two are fighting again. jay has heeseung running like a mad man in the field right now," he laughs as he recounts the fight that resulted in the heinous punishment to sunghoon.

heeseung only touched jay's expensive gucci shoes and got dirt on them. sunghoon simply shakes his head; those jerks are always fighting, and it's become a daily occurrence for them.

a figure runs into sunghoon while they are teasing heeseung on the phone.

"oh my gosh! i— i am extremely sorry, i didn't mean to bump into you! i'm just in a rush, so sorry!"

a fair-skinned, pink-haired boy with a sweet pitchy voice in a medical lab gown profusely apologizes to sunghoon before fleeing.

sunghoon couldn't even see his face.

"who was that? what an oddball," jake mutters, but sunghoon keeps his gaze fixed on the direction the boy ran off to, his curiosity piqued.

he's kinda cute, he thinks.

^⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠^

sunoo runs for his life, literally. if he was even a second late for his first shift at the clinic, he would be met with a deafening lecture.

even thinking about it makes him shiver.

so he runs and takes a shortcut in the gymnasium. he can just run through the court and out the exit door; it's faster that way.

he rushes past everyone, oblivious to the crowd exiting the doors, muttering a quick sorry to those he accidentally touches. he maintains his gaze on the exit, determined to arrive on time.

then he straight up bumps into someone. hard. he looks at the person for a split second and notices it was the star player of the archery team.

shit. not him! sunoo thinks. he doesn't want any trouble, especially not from this guy.

so he apologizes like a crazy person, bowing his head a million of times before speed running again. he didn't wait for him to respond, he doesn't have time for that and they won't see each other again anyways.

or so he thought.